Just arrived home after a relaxing one week stay at the Sofitel. We booked the hotel and transfers through Alpha-rooms and everything went smoothly. Thanks Alpha-rooms.
The Sofitel is an enigma being both good and a little bit bad.
BEDROOMS: We pre-booked a first floor room with a large bed and were not disappointed. The room was comfortable as was the bed, but the bathroom was in need of rejuvenating. Every room has Tea and coffee making facilities as well as a very efficient fridge which is stocked every day with bottled water. My only gripe concerns the TV which had every other European country TV channels buy no UK Channels. It"s very nice to come back to your room after a days sunbathing and watch the BBC news for 10 mins or so before showering and dressing for dinner. But that"s just a minor issue
FOOD: Breakfast and Dinner are taken in the main restaurant where there is enough choice of well cooked and presented food for most tastes, but I could well imagine it would become extremely repetitive if you stay longer than one week. Lunch is taken in the pool side restaurant where again there is plenty of choice.
For wine drinkers amongst you the Red and White wines are very drinkable but are only served at Lunch and Dinner. This was probably the best wine we have tasted on an All Inclusive basis.
THE GROUNDS: Magnificent, well tendered grassy areas with lots of comfy sun-loungers gently sloping down to the edge of the mighty Nile. Just to lay there and take in the panorama was in it"s self so relaxing.
ENTERTAINMENT: Do not go to this hotel if you want lots of activities during the day and brash show-times at night.The entertainment is very low key with a man singing nearly every-night in Carters bar. The only problem is the bar area is so small and the singing so loud it was hard to have a conversation at all.
CLEANLINESS: Most of the hotel is spotless but I did notice that the floor of the main restaurant terrace was not cleaned the whole week we were there and one morning when we went out there to have breakfast I stood on broken glass which was laying under the table.
THE POOL: I can"t comment on the Pool as we didn"t use it except to say it looked clean and had lots of sun-loungers placed around it.
TOWELS: I"m not going to comment on the actual towels which are very good but on the guests who deem it necessary to place Towels on sun-loungers early morning and then go off for the day. You know who you are! We went out a couple of times in the morning and always found plenty of empty sun-loungers when we returned midday. And you can"t blame the Germans, most of the guests that did it were British.
STAFF. I purposely left this till last. The great majority of the staff are brilliant being both helpful and friendly, but we did encounter two particular members of the staff who weren"t so helpful and friendly, but it was only two.
Would we go back to this hotel? YES, but only for a weeks stay as we both think two weeks would be boring.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak
- Luxor Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located on the east bank of the majestic Nile in one of the most exciting & intriguing settings, Sofitel Karnak lets you experience the timeless & exotic beauty of Luxor, 6 km from the city center,18 km from the Luxor international airport, 3 km from the glorious Karnak Temple. Savor the wide selection of fine cuisines at our main restaurant or a-la-carte restaurant "O'Nile". Discover ancient history at your doorstep in any of our 347 rooms& suites or enjoy the vast leisure facilities the hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Sofitel Karnak Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.