“Value+, Relax & Enjoy Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Eatabe Luxor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche El Nil Street, Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
London, United Kingdom
“Value+, Relax & Enjoy Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night at the last minute - the manager and staff were very accommodating and helpful and the room was very comfortable.
The food and drink offering was good, delivered with a smile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Luxor, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The El Luxor,is,in my opinion ,the best of hotels in Luxor.It's not 5 star but the staff are lovely.It'sother advantage is it's centrality compared to most of the others.Only a few hundred metres from the Museum and ferry, a pleasant 1 kilometre walk from Karnak and easy stroll to the Souk,the Avenue of Sphinxes and the duty free shop(48 hours to buy imported goods but Egyptian goods anytime without passport.)Lovely,quiet garden and swimming pool.I've tried them all and like many others have been a regular here for many years

Room Tip: I like main building,garden side but they have 2 types of Nile View rooms-straightforward and posh!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the el luxor this december for a week. I got a really excellent deal online for a room with a nile view. The room was recently refurbished and was spacious with a comfortable bed flatscreen tv and marble floors and bathroom.For the price I paid I have to say it was one of the best deals I have ever had and I don't think anyone could really be disappointed. It was located on the corniche with easy access to all the historical sights and museums. Tourism is currently disrupted in the region because of the political situation but Luxor is perfectly safe and this is a great time to go because there are some fantastic deals on hotels and day trips. Lovely blue skies not a cloud in sight and 23 degrees everyday in December. Who could wish for more

Room Tip: Take a nile view on the 3rd floor
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went with Thomas Cook for 2 weeks, the staff were very good especially Ali the entertainment guy, he was always friendly and helpful. The room was lovely although a little jaded and old fashioned, we wanted a Nile view, a bit more noisy but we sat on the balcony and watched the world go by, we also had a view of the bustling river, the ferries and the whole of the West bank area. The Buffet breakfast was good with loads of choices, The egg man was lovely and did any choice of egg you wanted. We mainly ate out and found the best Restaurant in Luxor, The Oasis Palace out the front door turn right then right again to top of road on right, the owner Romani is great and the food is excellent, do try it. The Hotel is in a great position between Luxor & Karnac Temples, between the 2 museums and near the town centre. The best and cheapest balloon trip was taken for the man with Viking in the Hotel, he was a lovely guy and gives a very good deal. If you go out the front door turn left walk past the Government building, the first shop is Harrys, they are the cheapest for water etc. and will get anything you want, they are lovely. David Hird

Room Tip: Nile view are best from our point of view, Garden rooms overlook the swimming pool, have the morning...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanklin, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in November this year; the staff were very unfriendly and food very limited. On the last day before we were due to fly home we were attacked by the owner of a small boat on the Nile called "Nile Smiles". We gave him extra money, more than we agreed but he wanted more, it was very frightening. We reported it to the hotel but they did not want to know. We told other guests about what happened and discovered a woman at the hotel was also attacked by the same owner a few days before us. We would not recommend this hotel or boat to anyone.

Room Tip: If you like a good view then a room overlooking the Nile would be a good choice, but bear in mind th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I arrived on 31 October, for a much needed rest. I was met by friendly staff who upgraded me to a Nile view room. I was a little worried that I wouldn't get much rest given the close proximity to the road, but I needn't have worried. The room was a little tired around the edges, but comfortable and spotless clean - and what a view!

The hotel is perfectly situated just a few minutes walk from Luxor Museum, Temple and the center of town. When I did get a chance to relax (Luxor is the largest open air museum in the world you know!) the pool was the perfect spot.

Everyone I spoke to over the week had stayed here 2, 3 or 4 times. I can see why. I have always said that I would never travel to the same destination twice - given how big the planet is, but I loved it so much I have booked a week for myself and my daughter in March 2013!

Room Tip: I was in 442 on the four floor with Nile view - highly recommended!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had to stay here just one night 5th December 2012 after our flight was delayed overnight. What a complete dump! The curtains were hanging off the rails....the toilet flushed all night until we turned the water off. Oh and the room stank of cigarette smoke. Meals were a bit grim to be honest! After staying on a 5 star boat this rather spoilt it all.... I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eatabe Luxor Hotel? Share your experiences!