I have been staying at this hotel for all my trips to Luxor since 2000 and my previous trip was in March 2010. Upon my return in November, it was good to see that the rooms had had a 'facelift' (long overdue). New beds and bedding, carpets and decor all helped to make the rooms look more sophisticated (in keeping with 5 star rating). I have already booked my next stay - a month in March 2011, so they must be doing something right! The gardens are glorious, the staff are excellent and the restaurants provide varied menus. I am very spoilt at this hotel and it is my 'little bubble', as my previous review was titled. The hotel is very central for the temples and museums on the East Bank.
I have only been home (snowy England) a few days and I am already looking forward to March 2011!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Venere, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor