Reception - You now keep your keycard with you, instead of handing it in each time you go out.
They are always there and again – if you need something ASK! – they are there to help – this applies to both Pavillon & Old WP no matter where you are nominally staying. Any problems – report it & it gets dealt with.
Laundry - See PriceList - It's up to you what you wish to put in, but I had no complaints. I was even searched out at the pool to be shown a problem stain, by the staff and asked what I wanted them to do. They must have great patience to iron Mrs eLaReF's linen clothes.
Housekeeping - We always came back to a clean tidy room with fresh towels. Again, nothing was too much trouble – ASK!
Public areas are kept equally tidy – I'm glad I don't have to clean the chandeliers!
Gardens - These are still outstanding and are almost my sole reason for staying there, although we had missed the 'Jasmine' season Get your timing right and your senses are assailed, as you step out into the night, by the almost overpowering perfume. The flowers close during daylight.
This is an international hotel, but don't expect every member of staff to speak YOUR language. Whilst we there, there were also French, Italian, German and Dutch guests.
Breakfast was only available in the Corniche. Fresh Tea and a Cafetierre of coffee
Egg dishes, e.g. Omelettes, were individually cooked and served usually with toast.
Remainder of breakfast was buffet-style starting with Breakfast Cereal, Fresh fruit and much more.
As with all hotels, they cater for a world-wide clientele, so have a varying range of foods
The Corniche - They are now serving 2 menus at dinner – International & Oriental, but you mix & match as you fancy. However, if you are on half-board, you could only use the International menu.
No ideas about alcohol prices since I didn't have any.
Food, especially the dessert, was well presented, with the dessert being a work of pictorial art.
Room Service - Due to the heat we used this several times (It saves getting dressed!!!). There is a wide choice and a children's menu.
Service & presentation were excellent and portions 'not small'. An ice-bucket is free of charge
Poolside Restaurant - Does a set 3 course lunch for around 120LE (drinks extra) which is well worth the money (dessert was a work of art) and there is à la cârte available as well
It can be served at your sun-bed. They will go to great lengths to get something for you that is not on the day's menu.
Pool Staff - My sympathy was with them in the intense heat (100°), but they always did their job with a smile & were, as always, very polite and friendly.
Internet connection in the Pavillon, like many hotels, is not free
We were hoping to return in October, but will obviously have to await the outcome of the present situation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor