We stayed a couple of nights in this hotel. There is free Internet. The rooms are OK, but we had problems with mosquitoes in our room since we checked in. We reported it and a housekeeping member of the staff came in with an insecticide, sprayed the whole room and asked us to leave the room for 20min. While it worked for that night, the next day the mosquitoes were in our room again, this time we asked for a room change. Still, I sprayed myself with mosquito repellent before going to sleep. The staff does try its best but lacks some english language skills. I had to speak to five different members of the staff to get complimentary water. Traffic noise from the street and prayer calls could be heard. I did regret not choosing the Hilton instead.
We had dinner at Safra, 10min walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor