I visited this place in July 2010 (Not able to go back further on the drop down menu).
Anywho, I was very impressed by this hotel. Not to mention it was DIRT cheap. A place like this would easily be $500- 600/night in the city.
Breakfast was okay, the views were lovely. And room service for meals was pretty good. A very romantic stay.
The negatives? We scheduled in-room massages the day prior to when we wanted the massages. When it was time for our appointment, the masseuses never came and kept telling us they were coming up to do the massages. It was so shady and unprofessional. Just messy and tacky. It was disappointing...
The desk staff was questionable. Professionalism wasn't their strong suit, but eh, it didn't seem like it was on purpose. Almost like they just didn't know any better...
All in all it was an okay stay. It was what it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, TripOnline SA and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor