We returned this year once again for a week at New Year and still cannot recomend this hotel highly enough. As usual the New Year's Eve celebrations and meal were excellant (it was so sad they did not have enough guests for the marquee, but was done really well in the Corniche with 140 guests). If you are looking for old world charm, beautiful gardens, central location and a high quality environment then this is the place for you. For us its like slipping on a comfortable pair of slippers with every member of staff remembering you and welcoming you back home. Service throughout this hotel is superb but we would like to give particular praise to two members of staff. First Mr Ahmed on the Pavillon Reception, this lovely polite man can never do too much for you and the pride he takes in his job is second to none. The second is Mohammed Ramadan, who is currently working at the pool side bar. This waiter is one of the most lovely members of staff we have ever had the pleasure to meet on any of our extensive travels, he is always courteous, thoughtful and kind, pre-empting your ever need. Well done
We would like to thank Christian and all the staff for a wonderful stay - though one plea Christian - bring back the dress code in the 1886 please.
For the first time we travelled with Classic Collection and would like to particularly praise their local representative Anton for his service and care, pitching it just right for repeat visitors to Luxor.
One final thing if you are worried about visiting Luxor at this time - don't worry everything is fine and the whole town needs us back.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor
- New Winter Palace
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, ACCOR, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.