We stayed at the Pavillion Winter, which is in the Winter Palace Complex between the 10th and 22nd of April 2013. Yet again, the weather was wonderful and the service in the hotel was exceptional. They are even putting in ramps around the pool for disabled guests.
The problem in the area is that there are not enough tourists. I can only assume that its because travellers are frightened as to their security, but please WORRY NOT as everything is exactly as it was 5 years ago. Yes, there is a bit more hassle as competition for the tourist pound is intense, but a polite no and avoiding eye contact does the trick.
We are going back in October, so COME ON YOU BRITS, come back to Luxor, you will get the warmest of welcomes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor