“Hot air Balloon and Hot Captain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 83 activities in Luxor
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: As one of the pioneering companies for passenger balloon rides in the Luxor region,we are able to provide you with a unique and unforgettable balloon adventure.With nearly a decade of experience and 36,000 passengers flown in 2007 alone,we proudly consider ourselves among the very best companies in Egypt and worldwide.I Would you like to make your stay in Luxor amazing, come and experience the joy of flying in one of our hot air balloons.Drifting peacefully over the west Bank of Luxor,where you can see most of the monuments of Thebes.Get your cameras ready and enjoy the unique opportunity to view the magnificent panorama of Luxor town from a unique angle.For an unbeatable view of Luxor and the Nile River, take a flight in a Hot Air Balloon over the West Bank. Enjoy the sites of the West Bank from the air, away from the daytime crowds in the peaceful glow of dawn.Departing from your Luxor hotel or cruise ship you will cross the Nile River to the West Bank before sunrise where your balloon awaits.After a safety briefing and introduction to your ground crew and pilot, you will climb into the balloon's basket and get ready for lift off.As you gently rise into the dawn sky,enjoy the tranquility of the early morning sun rising over the East Bank, illuminating the city and mountains.
Sydney, Australia
“Hot air Balloon and Hot Captain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I took a hot air ballon trip in Augustwith Sinbad.I was uncertain if Balloons were still operating as I had not seen any in the morning skies since my arrival.I had been told by a few falucca guys that they were still operating and one of those had stated the cost ought to be about 280-300LE.He organised to meet an agent who organised balloon flights as well as pretty much everything else from his sales pitch when i met him!There was difficulty in organisng a trip as so few tourists available.A minimun 2 people were required before a flight could be undertaken.He informed me after a few calls that a flight might be available tomorrow as 2 other tourists were interested this was with a company other than Sinbad.Regretableby at 6pm the fallucca guy informed me no flight was available as the 2 had not confirmed the flight.
The following day i was informed 2 more tourists had been located and a flight was available with SInbad.The price was 350LE which was higher than I expected but its difficult to haggle a few pounds down when it must have been a marginal trip at best for them.I was picked up on time at my apartment taken to the west bank served finest Nescafe instant brew and imdemnity froms signed on the river passage.There was short trip to the balloon site,it was almost inflated on arrival.The Hot looking Captain(yes Im gay) came over introduced himself gave a safety briefing a few poignant remarks as to whether it was our first balloon flight informing us it was also his!He informed us it would be flight of between 30-45 mins duration this wasin contrast to the agent saying 45-60mins.The flight time was in fact 46mins flight time.We did rise to 1500ft and it was an impressive flight.I too was asked by the manager to attend his office on the return trip to provide a tripadvisor report from his office.as the previous report had said happenend to him.This was unprofessional from what appeared a very professional operation.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Perth
5 attraction reviews
“Quick but enjoyable. Strange tripadvisor reviews?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Transferred from hotel to awaiting boat where tea, coffee and snacks were provided. Nice boat ride across the river then transferred to the launching area.
Small wait while the balloon was prepared. Received safety briefing from the pilot.
Enjoyable flight, however it was all over quite quick.
If you are taking your own video and pictures don't worry too much about purchasing the video. Most of the footage is from other flights and random material.
To avoid hassle, my advice is to tick excellent on the score card provided after the flight (see other ratings).
Regarding the strange tripadvisor reviews; I thought it was interesting that so many people from around the world have created a tripadvisor account just to rate Sindbad Balloons and nothing else. Coincidently, these one off contributions have all rated Sindbad as excellent with generous comments. I'm not saying that this company has created accounts to rate themselves, it's just a little strange.
The pilot was fantastic and great customer service skills. So why have I not rated them as excellent? Well because the Manager told me to for a start. Also my partner also had an unpleasant experience with the Manager, lets just leave it at that.
Overall pretty good.

Visited September 2013
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“The best views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

a few weeks before I left to come to Egypt there was crash with a hot air balloon so I wasn't intending to go on the hot air balloon ride on my G Adventure tour. When we came to luxor I did do and it was one of the best things I ever did. they pick you up early from your hotel and also give you a free cup of tea or coffee. we didn't end up needing to do the landing position when we landed as we went past the landing place and cruised up to the road and stopped.

Visited April 2013
Karachi, Pakistan
3 attraction reviews
“Spectacular ride with breathtaking views....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me alongwith my family had a tour of Egypt in last week of December, 2012. We already planned this Hot Air Balloon ride and confirmed our booking a week ago. I must say, this was an amazing experience.
To start with, the staff of Sindbad Balloons picked us from our Cruise too early and we crossed the Nile on their boat later through vans transported to the balloons airport. We were briefed about the safety and the necessary precautions for all kinds of scenarios (precautionary) by professional aviation pilot Capt. Hussam who also flies the Balloons. The Sindbad Balloon was very much concerned about the safety of my little daughter and insisted me to leave her with them on ground but I insisted harder on taking her along with me to show her the peaceful beauty above the ground. So they made me sign many papers for taking my daughter along.
All the passengers boarded and the Capt. Hussam with his humor changed the moods as many people seemed to be afraid of heights.
The Balloon kept on rising and at one fine location where we could see the Nile in front and further ahead, a lighted ball started rising. A BREATHTAKING view... cant be described in words...and the cameras even wont be able to capture that moment which can be felt by watching it live.... Then the pilot flew us towards the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut's Temple etc...which we already saw a day before on ground but watching them above was something extra-ordinary...
we were in the air about more then 50 mins although the contract was for 30-40 mins. We all then landed safely and with a joy...Perfectly safe and wonderful...highly recommended for all types of tourists...

Visited December 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fantastic experience, watched sunrise over the Nile from the balloon. Captain points out interesting land features & circles the balloon so everyone gets their turn. We were up for about 50 minutes & had the most gentle landing imaginable. We had a very early wake-up and pickup from hotel and the Sinbad staff weren't the most cheery people, but by the time we were at the launch site everyone's spirits are lifting a bit & it was great.

Visited July 2013