“dont stop at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Flobater Hotel Luxor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sharia Khalid ibn el-Walid, Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #44 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Leicester, United Kingdom
“dont stop at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

This hotel is appalling we only stayed one night we felt like we were in a prison room in fact prisoners get better rooms etc , hotel only seems to be half built really disgusting place, in our room the curtain off hanging off dirty floors and bedding, no hot water for showers horrible dark and too much furniture in room ,unfriendly staff,noisy location and dirty squalid basement restaurant that served crap breakfast whilst sitting on filthy chair with dirty covers consisted of fried egg supposed to be omelette! and bit of bread with fig jam bit of cheese,bit of tomato and cucumber washed down with awful coffee
We felt dirty all the time we were there!
We came to Luxor to celebrate a birthday but this hotel nearly ruined it when rep came next day we told him we needed to move and we went up the road to Lotus hotel which is the same star rating but a world apart well worth the extra amount we paid
Do not stop here unless really desperate

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

20 minutes steady pace walk from Luxor temple. Away from all the hassle from people offering you caleche and felluca trips on the nile.

Rooms were just fine. Basic but clean. The only good thing was hot water was available all the time we were there. We just watched BBC world on the TV.

Did not try the swimming pool but the water looked clean. The views from the top are beautiful and would recommend sunrise and sunset times.

Staff were friendly and welcoming. We had good food served to us at the hotel at a very very reasonable rate. We had food most of the nights at the hotel. Breakfast was freshly cooked omlette with other standard stuff. I would recommend the fava beans and mashed potato.

WIFI is available in the lounge but not in the bedrooms above so would recommend carrying a laptop, otherwise you pay 20LE per hour.

I would recommend the shopping areas towards the back of the hotels where there is a childrens playground. All the egyptians seem to shop there. Prices were very reasonable and we browsed the internet for 2.50 LE per hour and got very decent rates for spices etc..

All in all pleasantly suprised by the food in the restaurant otherwise you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a week as part of a package deal. The rooms are of adequate size with an en suite shower. The hotel is located on the east bank about a 10 minute walk to luxor temple and close to good eating places.

The cleanliness I have rated a poor I rang reception to change my covers after I found many small hairs on the linen when I was about to sleep, the porter came to the room along with a key and changed me over to another room, Its looked satisfactory but upon further inspections the floor was dusty and needed a desperate mop, the shower head was covered in limescale and the sheets were the same.

After tipping the cleaners on the second morning (without mentioning that my room needed some tlc) the room was adequately cleaned.

There is a pool on the roof however its not heated therefore too cold to use. Breakfast is served 6am to 10am and consists of a basic buffet with omeletes made to order.

If I was to return to luxor definetely would not choose to stay here. From what I heard the sheraton (although a bit further out) or the lotus hotel would be my primary preferences.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010 via mobile

Staff were excellent going out of there way to help and gave great advice on how to avoid being conned by the many tourist merchants in Luxor. They told me the best markets to visit including how much you should pay and invaluble advice on what to do if someone did try and con you.

• Stayed December 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was included in the tour package. I have to admit the service from the staff was the highlight of our stay. They were the best hotel staff we've met during the trip in Egypt.

Nothing to shout about on the hotel itself. The hotel and rooms could use major renovation. We had some issues on the rooms: TV didn't work, took a while to get hot water, leaks in the bathroom but it didn't ruin the whole stay. What we like about the place is the location. It's at the quiet part of Luxor and very close to nice cafes. It took about half an hour to go to Corniche and Luxor Temple.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, only if you prepare to take what you paid for.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed here as part of my GAP adventures tour. After coming from Cairo, the room here exceeded my expectations and was comfortable and clean. I left the felucca sick so I rested here for quite some time. The hotel was walking distance to many places including the bazaar and is a very safe area for tourists. Down the street is a grocery store owned by an English speaking lady and it was well stocked of familiar snacks and drinks.

• Stayed October 2009
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

The nicer of the 3 hotels I stayed at in Egypt. Rooms and bedding were comfortable with mini refrigerators and bathrooms were clean, all with modern fixtures. There was also a pool upstairs and I found free wifi in the lobby which was great for making those skype calls back home. Breakfast consisted of the usual pastries/rolls with spreads, eggs, some stew made with beans, tea and some extremely watered down OJ. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Flobater Hotel Luxor? Share your experiences!