“Boomerang (aka Bob Marley)” 5 of 5 stars

Mohamed Farid Street, Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Luxor B&B and Inns
5.0 of 5 stars 155 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
“Boomerang (aka Bob Marley)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very friendly and reliable staff. Close to the train station, restaurants and luxor temple. Don't forget to book the hot air balloon ride at Boomerang. Don't forget to lounge and relax on the patio on the roof.

Room Tip: Bob Marley cigarettes anyone! Take your bike across the nile for 1LE. Do visit the valley of the Q...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My Brother in law and I had just finished a dive trip in the Red Sea and the dive masters on the boat had stayed here before and highly recommended it so we went. We arrived with no reservations and were greeted by Mia, she got us a room for about $8 CDN and booked a balloon trip for the next morning and a tour of the temples right after that. She had all this arranged within 10 minutes of us showing up, amazing. The rooms are spotless. If you get to Luxor STAY HERE!

Stayed December 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel Boomerang is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. It is located 2 minutes away from the train station which is super convenient. They even pick you up from the station late at night. They arranged for my hot air balloon and west bank tour at really good prices. They dropped me off to my west bank tour when my hot air ballon was delayed. In general, extremely helpful. The rooms and bathrooms are super clean and the price you pay is really good. I highly recommend anyone who's going to Luxor to stay here.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Really good place! Mia and Mohammed are really helpfull to give tips to visit the city and to organize tours, rooms are really cheap and clean, quiet even if it's near principal attractions. I like to travel with Lonely planet recommandations, but even this hostel is not in the version of 2012, I totally recommend it! The best I've been so far in Egypt in 2 weeks. And it's near the train station.

• Stayed December 2014
mohamed-mia, Guest Relations Manager at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, today
Thanks for your positive review on our general service with tips and tours in and around Luxor, and for appreciating what we are doing to provide and to keep a nice and clean environment. Happy to hear, that you want to recommend our place.
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travelled on November 2014 to Luxor with a friend. We originally booked under Bob Marley Peace Hostel which is on the same building and under the same owner but changed our booking cause Boomerang Hotel turned out to be cheaper. (I'm smart that way, I think?)

We took a taxi from the airport and before we did, I called the hotel and I think it was Omar on the line. He made sure I didn't get ripped off by the crazy drivers at the airports. Tourists are seen as walking wallets here! The driver drove us very slowly around the neighbourhood and tried to lure us to another hotel which what I recall were 'nice, at the same price, with no weed, clean, by the river nile'. He then proceed talking in arabic with a friend over the phone saying he got a tourist he wants to bring to his hotel and asks how much would that 'friend' pay for his commision. Gahaha.

Location : is fantastic. It's a walking distance to Luxor Temple and the lovely Nile Corniche where you can just sit and watch sunrise or sunset provided there's no locals trying to convince you it's a perfect day for felluca ride etc. There's a cheap fast food joint nearby called Zaim where I get my koshari fix daily. Also on the same street, there's a fancy Sofra Restaurant with overpriced food but with a good ambience. You can take the microbus for 1 pound at the end of the street to anywhere in Luxor. At the junction of this street is a juicebar where you can get fresh juices.

Staff : were perfect. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Omar is a crazy guy. But you'll miss him when you leave. He made excellent omelette but have to work on the pancake (which he called crepe). I had a problem with my bank card as HSBC atm was offline for two days at Luxor when I was there. And other ATM didn't have PLUS or MEPS option available. Mia handled this brilliantly by offering to use PayPal.

Tours : they offered cheap tours! I checked with other company nearby cause I was just thrifty like that. The Alaskan balloon company they recommended is terrific. I did the west bank tour with them too, but that was an okay as there's a side shopping trip which they nicely rename as 'Alabaster factory visit' and the guy Aladdin wasn't that informative and keep spitting on my face as he talks.

Breakfast buffet : for 10 LE. That's quite cheap if you're foreigners and can't stomach beans for breakfast. Love the variety of food served.

Wifi : ++++ the best in Egypt. Stable and strong everywhere in the building.

Ambience : is more than perfect. There's a nicely decorated rooftop where you can just laze around soaking up all the goodness of the sun whilst waiting for your only socks to dry. And maybe I was lucky, I get to meet a lot of awesome people there! It gets a bit chilly at night though.

Room : is VERY clean, spacious. There's a TV but I'm not a TV person so... There's a cupboard provided which I think is perfect, cause I get to unload everything in my backpack and put it there which made things easier to find.

TOILET : had shared toilet. always clean, always dry.

CONS : you'll miss this place when you leave. hoping there's always another Boomerang at every other town in Egypt.

+ If you arrived by train, they're very thoughtful to put up signs that lead to the hotel! You will never get lost if you can read.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
mohamed-mia, Guest Relations Manager at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for the review of BEST VALUE IN EGYPT

To get the good response like this for helping our guests to have positive experience in Luxor is wonderful. We appreciate it very much that you really like our service.
Good to hear also that you enjoyed koshary and the fresh nice juices that Egypt offers.

We appreciate your comments with regards to the West Bank tour, As we can not improve our services without knowing what is happening.

We work very hard and carefully to provide a nice, good and clean environment, strong wireless etc, so thanks for seeing it and giving us this good review, also on the breakfast.

Many greetings here from Boomerang Hotel - until now only in Luxor

Tine, reception
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'd like to start off by thanking Moustafa and Amr for their hospitality for our stay in Luxor. They were very informative and pleasant.

My sister and I arrived to Luxor by the sleeper train at 7am. As expected, there were numerous Egyptians trying to get us to get in one of their taxis. We hadn't pre booked at Boomerang and we intended on finding our own means of transportation to the hostel. Moustafa happened to be at the train station waiting for another guest and we saw that he was a representative of Boomerang. We talked to him quickly and he ushered us to a taxi that would drive us to the hostel. Much appreciated :)

Once we arrived at the Hostel, Amr checked us in and showed us to our room. It was immaculately clean. He let us know that there was a tour taking off to the West Bank and we could join the group in an hour if we would like. We went along and it was perfect. The guests who were also staying at the hostel were incredibly friendly and made it a lovely day.

Amr went out of his way to give us information about Luxor and recommended various restaurants where we could enjoy some food. All recommendations were perfect. He made us feel at home at the hostel. We were originally planning to stay in Luxor for one night, but it turned into 3 and we were happy that we were able to stay at Boomerang for the duration of our stay in Luxor. We rode bicycles around Luxor thanks to the guys at the desk, we ate well and also had a lovely morning in a hot air balloon that they helped arrange.

The street that the hostel is located on is quiet and has lots of corner stores close by. We were facing the street and there was a wedding taking place and the sounds were lovely. We enjoyed it very much.

The rooftop is great too. Has a nice vibe to chill out and unwind.. Have a cold Stella after a long day.

Boomerang was the best hostels I have stayed at in Egypt. I will definitely go back and would highly recommend the place to my friends.

Cheers! Thanks guys.

Myra and Dayna

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very please that you enjoyed it. I am also very pleased to hear that my staff are helpful.

our aim is to take the hassle out of your stay and by your review i see we achieved this.
All the best for future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was by far the best place I stayed in all of Egypt including cleanliness, tour offers, breakfast, staff (big shout out to the wonderful Omar who was the main man while I was staying there and also Moustafa who was a huge help as well). The cheapest place and also the coolest- a great patio on the roof to hang with other travellers with sheesha, beer, music and good conversation. Can't say enough, stay here!

Room Tip: I had a shared bedroom so it was cheap but obviously not the most room. However, the last two night...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. My favourite place is also the roof.

All the best

Been to Boomerang Hotel? Share your experiences!