“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison de Pythagore

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luxor
La Maison de Pythagore
You added La Maison de Pythagore to your Saves list
Al Awameya | Back to the Sheraton Hotel, Luxor 83951, Egypt   |
Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Seattle
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Located in a quiet village sector in Luxor this escape is unique and memorable.
The walk through the village takes you through real Egypt and its people, you then arrive at the hotel and you are welcomed into its relaxed and peaceful environment.
Anne is a wealth of knowledge that you should use in planning your tours. The tours she arranged for us in Luxor were great.
We enjoyed Anne's company as she shared her Egyptian experiences with us.
We would definately return and recommend it to travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My stay at The Maison De Pythagore was fabulous. My hosts, Anne and Thomas, were unbelievably kind, warm and witty. I loved being in a real Egyptian setting, a village outside of Luxor, as opposed to a hotel filled with tourists. I was invited into several neighbors' homes and felt very safe being on my own in the various villages in that area. Anne's traditional house is very beautiful and comfortable.The delicious meals were savored in her wonderful garden. A professional cook for many years in Belgium, Anne's expertise combined with the very fresh ingredients produced impressive results. The details of all my sightseeing (the magnificent tombs and Temple of Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel) were very carefully arranged by Thomas. I was fortunate to have the superb guide, Farraje, accompanied by the lovely Abdou as our driver. My other guide, Mohammed, was delightful and supportive in our road trip to Aswan and Abu Simbel. I chose to have my guided visits in French and spoke with the family in that language. (Other visitors may wish to have English speaking guides. Thomas speaks English very well and so does Anne.) Already, I have booked my return visit and eagerly await the chance to be amongst my new friends, as well as to see more superb temples and art and be immersed in the French language. Anne and Thomas made it possible for me to travel to a Muslim country as a single woman; I will always be grateful to them for their tremendous assistance and hospitality.

Room Tip: The neighboring roosters and the sound of the prayers Mosques in the early morning (typical of any...