“Shady hotel a terrible nightmare!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shady Hotel

Shady Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luxor
Shady Hotel
You added Shady Hotel to your Saves list
Television St, Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #57 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
Alexandria, Egypt
“Shady hotel a terrible nightmare!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

First day i took the room with my wife, we got shocked from the cleanness of the room, were you can easily slip off the bed by tons of dust on the sheets, of course many of lamps didn't turn on (but that was expected in such place). the house keeping cleaner didn't want to clean the room because she was tired (that was so strange).
Second day we got off bed realizing that we had some harsh itching from the sheets (only God knows what was there on our beds). and the big shock was in the restaurant were we had an unpleasant visitor during our breakfast who reminded us with ratatouille (a very big rat ), who went crazy between us while we screamed. the comic part when the manager tried to convince 6 persons saw the rat that it is just a kitty, but for us that was it. we checked out the hotel breaking our vacation.

Room Tip: Do Not ever come to this place
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

On first impressions the hotel looks very drab on the outside and the name really suits.
Inside its not much better.......its tired old fashioned and needs more than a facelift.
My room looked promising on arrival........reasonible size and good bathroom.
I was looky to have been given a room at the rear of the hotel as its on a very busy street so the noise from Television street was ok.
Outside the balcony looked a pretty little garden with nice pool.........however on closer inspection the pool was filty and I would not dare use it.
The first night I went to bed to discover only one sheet on the bed......I was able to strip the other bed and put the one sheet on that on my bed.The cleaner came to do my room on the first morning and did not return again during my five days.
Breakfast the first morning was dismal.........as it was every morning of my five night stay.
Two bread rolls a square of cheese and jam.......that was it.
I asked for English tea but that was an ask too much.
Overall the Shady was a big let down and I would not return
I must say however that all the staff I met were very courtious and friendly........the only good thing I can say about the place..
I must say however that

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
shadyluxor, Manager at Shady Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Shady Sahdy‎
Shady Sahdy
shady hotel luxor

فندق شادي الاقصر شارع التلفزيون

Been to Shady Hotel? Share your experiences!