Maybe the nicest hotel in Aswan and with internet special pricing, it was actually affordable. However, everyone assumes you have money to burn if you stay here and will treat you accordingly. For example, the only tours booked through this hotel are with Thomas Cook; they are all private tours; and very expensive. The feluccas on either side of the private ferry are similarly overpriced.
Ok, so ,yes, it's gorgeous, the pool is spectacular, and the beds are the best in Egypt, but everything else we did in Aswan we booked through another hotel that we just happened upon: Philae Hotel Aswan. They were much friendlier and genuine and didn't make us feel like impostors of the rich and famous.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Aswan Hotel
- Moevenpick Resort Aswan Hotel Aswan
- Moevenpick Hotel Aswan
- Aswan Moevenpick Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Nile. The Elephantine Island Resort Aswan stands out by Virtue of its secluded setting amid tropical gardens set on an island in the Nile. The perfect hotel for relaxing and enjoying the luxury amenities during an exciting stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Moevenpick Resort Aswan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.