“One of a kind” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 20 Activities in Aswan
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Glory of Nubia is an exclusive felucca on the Nile in Aswan. It's designed with attention to tradition and style in order to satisfy the needs of those seeking nothing but the best. the Glory of Nubia offers daily tours in Aswan, and adventurous Nile cruises to Daraw, Kom Ombo and Edfu. Welcome on board!
Cairo, Egypt
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I was on the boat with my family and it was excellent. It is something very different from being on a big cruise ship. This is a more environmentally friendly way to do it and also a much more authentic experience.

Abdo, the boat manager organized everything very well. The boat crew was excellent, knew their job well and very friendly.

It would be an excellent idea to have a guide on the boat - or at least an English speaking crew member. The crew was excellent but could not speak English - so we could not interact much with the crew.

Overall it was an amazing experience and I'd definitely do it again.

Visited March 2014

Gothenburg, Sweden
“SURREAL!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our sailing day on the Glory of Nubia was an adventure that left a memorable mark in our hearts. Everything on that felucca was more than perfect. The oriental atmosphere, crew, WONDERFUL food, songs, dance etc etc etc... The Glory of Nubia is an adventure to be recommended, ABSOLUTELY. It was one of the best tours we had in Egypt. Thank you for the crew and the Freelancers who customized our visit to Egypt.

Liz

Visited January 2011
AUSTRALIA
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Wow what a felucca .
It is very difficult to add more comments about this Felucca you really have to experience it yourself.
From the luxury, cold drinks on arrival.
The cup of tea in the fine china with cake.
Dinner on the roof top.
The staff with happy smiling faces.
We only did 2 day trips I could only imaging what it would have been like if it would have been overnight.
Keep up the great service I would rate this better than a Nile Cruise

Stockholm, Sweden
11 attraction reviews
“Magical felucca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I did many felucca trips on the Glory of Nubia. It's one of the best feluccas I've ever seen in Upper Egypt. Extremely spacious, fabulous Nubian food including water and soft drinks, comfortable mattresses and winter blankets, professional crew, Australian-style camping toilet, solar energy system and more importantly a unique cozy mood in the evening with the brass lanterns and the oriental and traditional details. I also think that it's the only felucca that has a hard top so it’s possible to use the upper deck for sun-bathing or to enjoy meals in the evening when the felucca is moored. Once I slept on the upper deck under the stars. It was magical.

I shouldn’t forget to mention Captain Oucha and his crew. They are friendly, professional and excellent entertainers. They always entertained us in the evenings with their Nubian songs, drums around campfires. It’s one-in-a-lifetime adventure. I highly recommend the Glory of Nubia tours.

CHEERS

Toronto, Ontario
“Cleopatra never had it this good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

While I was in Aswan in March, I had the great good fortune to spend some time touring the Nile aboard the very glorious Glory of Nubia. Travelling the Nile right down on the river, vs up on a cruise boat, you get a whole different perspective of the river. It really is a liquid highway, and a vibrant community.

Without question, the Glory of Nubia is the most gorgeous felucca on the Nile River. The owner of the boat obviously has gone to great lengths to ensure passenger safety and comfort. Every time we passed another touring felucca, people were scrambling for their cameras to take pix. (Wow...my own papparazzi???) The captain and crew are a credit to the Nubians, ever friendly and welcoming. The on-board chef cooks up some of the best food I had in Aswan. I highly recommend lazing away an afternoon on the Nile river.

The owner of the Glory of Nubia was also able to assist me with some sightseeing around Egypt, guides, ground transportation, etc., so consider building a little of that in, too. I was terrifically pleased with their services (http://thefreelancers.info/).