“Bad Hotel system” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Giza
Cairo, Egypt
“Bad Hotel system”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I can't find enough words to describe my deep anger from the experience I had at this hotel, that was terrifying and unexpected at all, I booked one week over the phone, I arrived on time but unfortunately they informed me that I must leave my car and the car key to the concierge to park in the garage and if I need anything from my car they will open it and bring it to me!!! .it is the first time in my life either in Egypt or outside Egypt to have this system at any hotel. At the end, I accepted to leave the car but the car key must be remain with me as we cannot leave it for any one in Egypt especially during this unrest condition. But they refused at all and insist to have the car key as they will, in a daily basis, drive it from one garage level to another which I refuse. The receptionist also was not helpful. I cannot imagine that I will pay the parking fees and at the same time the car and the key not with me and if I need anything from my car , I must ask the concierge and he will open it and bring the belongs to me!!! You can apply any security system but you must not harm the others. I decided to leave the hotel immediately and I went at the same moment to another hotel where they welcome us and provided me with all needed without any prior booking.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Emad K,

We take our guests concerns and grievances very serious, and do understand your position. We wanted to clarify and explain our procedures to you, in order to clarify this to you and help make you understand our reasoning for doing so. As a hotel we offer a valet service only, which is not the same as a self-park where you personally park and take your own car keys with you. In addition, the reasoning for leaving the keys with Guest Services is for your property's safety in our premises. Should any emergency occur our respective teams would need to have immediate access to the car keys for security precautions. These procedures are put in place, with our guests interests put in high regard.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and as discussed in our telephone conversation, we are more than happy to arrange a meeting with our Director of Security to discuss anymore concerns you may have.

Sincerely.

Randy Shimabuku

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a phenomenal stay at the Four Seasons at The First Residence. We had an upper floor Nile View Premier Room that was spacious, comfortable, and inspiring. Service was outstanding throughout, as expected from any FS. Under different circumstances we might have chosen the other FS property in Cairo (Nile Plaza) because it is newer, but the fact that The First Residence is a safe distance away from Tahrir Square and other potentially 'hot' points makes this one the best hotel in Cairo, by far. The combination of fresh goat cheese with honey scraped from a hanging honeycomb was a yummy treat at breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for Nile View Rooms -- they're worth every penny.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear AACN,

Thank you for choosing The First Residence for your trip! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to review us is very much appreciated. I have noted your comments on the breakfast and passed these on to our STRADA team, it is indeed a very popular organic option we love to offer our guests, we are glad you enjoyed it!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Greetings & Happy Holidays

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

...is that you will have to eventually leave. In terms of amenities it is what you would come to expect from top of the range hotels, but the quality of service and attention to detail from the staff just made this an incredibly memorable experience. Truly a remarkable hotel.

In terms of suggestions for improvement, the breakfast buffet could have done with more variety (suggest a look at the Four Seasons Riyadh). Sound-proofing the rooms against the din of the Cairo traffic would also have been nice, but this was hardly a deal-breaker - after a few hours in Cairo, the traffic noise becomes secondary.

All in though, one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, definitely a high floor on the Nile River side. That said, waking up to the soun...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Imrancid,

You had us there for a second at the beginning of your review, nice one! We noted your comments on the breakfast and are working towards adjusting to your suggestions. Thank you very much for your comments it is guests like you that help us improve and want to give you better service the next time around.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Cairo's premiere address.

Happy Holidays.
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've been traveling and staying in hotels for over 20 years now, and stopped writing hotel reviews about 5 years ago, as it seemed that there were already so many reviews already logged for each hotel. But, after 3 days at the Four Seasons in Giza, I feel I have to post my first Tripadvisor review in a long time. My wife, 3-yr old daughter, and I just experienced the most impressive service we have ever received, not just at a hotel, but any establishment. From the first second that we walked through the door, dozens of staff made us feel at home as if they had known us for years. In addition to making a flawless Thanksgiving dinner for us on less than 12 hours notice, they had a special, huge smiley-face cookie and chocolate truffle lollipops for our daughter, and a special cake marking the anniversary of our engagement. As my daughter screamed excitedly, as she jumped up and down, 'this is a lucky day'. Of course, the pool area, restaurants, massage service at the spa, and kids club are all great. But, it's the service that is unsurpassable. Well done, Four Seasons. Thank you to all of the staff that made our visit so memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Imrancid,

We noted your comments on the breakfast and are working towards adjusting to your suggestions. Thank you very much for your comments it is guests like you that help us improve and want to give you better service the next time around so you notice a difference when you stay with again

we hope to welcome you back soon, I am sure future guests will take into consideration your trusty tips!

Best Regards and Happy Holidays
-Randy Shimabuku
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I attended a meeting there, didn't accommodate, but what I had seen is enough to confess that is the best hotel I had ever seen, staff are extremely helpful, cheerful, complimentary and always greeting.
I decided to spend part of my honeymoon vacation here, I guess that the experience will be extremely enjoyable and ultimately great.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Mohamed E,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence and we are happy to hear your meeting was such a great experience for you. We are excited that you and your bride will spend part of your honeymoon with us, and hope that it will be an enjoyable experience as well. Again thank you for taking the time to review us we welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We return to Egypt (our motherland) several times per year and always stay at the Four Seasons First Residence.

The Corner Suites are large, luxuriously appointed and have views of the Pyramids, the Zoo and the Nile.

The gym and spa are world class, as is the pool area.

The BMW airport transfers are exceptional, and even feature in car wifi for the long commute from the airport.

Once we get tired of the traffic of Cairo, we simply stay at the property which is an oasis of calm.

Note that the best shopping in Cairo is at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza at Beymen Department store which they will arrange a BMW transfer for $30US.

Room Tip: Corner Suite on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Mikeyaus,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your multiple visits to Egypt with us time and time again, that home away from home feeling is what we strive for when you experience a stay at The Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel, perfect rooms, bathrooms with separate toilet, very convenient.
Good restaurant at the pool, very professional service. Good place to enjoy the sun of Egypt and to relax.
As we were there during the curfew we had to stay inside at nigth. Nice place to spend some time in the Cesar's casino, opening all night, 4th flour.
Great breakfast buffet in the "Tea room". Don't miss it! Beautiful place!
All together a perfect stay. Best hotel in Cairo.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are nice, You see the pool which is very nice and you have a view to the river...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear CS,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.. Thankfully, as the curfew has not been ended perhaps you will visit again and check out our night life. We have a new restaurant opening, STRADA which is open for dinner with offers great atmosphere for a night out and superb, authentic Italian food. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Randy Shimabuku,

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence? Share your experiences!