I'm judging this based on it advertising it self as being a 5-star hotel.
Very close to the pyramids. There is a roof top cafe with great view over the pyramids. However the location is truly bad. There is nothing in Giza. Hard to find stores and restaurants. Cant go or a walk outside as there is mostly roads and nothing to see. Live close to the corniche instead!
I hate when you get to a 5-star hotel and no one comes to get your bags and you have to wonder where to check in. When I arrive I want my bags picked up directly! Extremly bad check in service. Overall nothing special about the service. Not really the best staff.
Atmosphere and ambience:
Relatively nice garden-hotel. Especially nice for being in Cairo! Its a nice contrast. We had a business suite that was okey. A bit dated though, Extra plus for the beautiful flower bouquet in the room.
We ate at the Thai restaurant once and I was very pleased with the food and the price. Live music every night was a plus. The cakes in the lobby were disgusting! I have noticed this overall in Egypt, they can't make french pastry. Breakfast was horrendous! Worst I've ever had. The food was old, croissants so dry you almost choked and there was so little food to choose from. Bad, bad bad!
The pool was unheated and when I asked about it they said it was broken. I dont believe they ever heat it. Thats the kind of feeling this hotel gives. Lazy, unprofessional and not very interested in service.
Not a horrific hotel but for having 5-stars, yes its baaad. Overall I have found Mövenpick hotels in Egypt to be dissapointing. The same for the one in El Gouna. I wont be staying at any Mövenpick in Egypt again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Giza at the foot of the Pyramids lies the Moevenpick Resort. Designed as a bungalow village set in luxuriant gardens, the complex is the ideal venue for business meetings or unforgettable holidays. Just 25 minutes from Cairo and with easy access to the new industrial areas around the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Cairo - Pyramids reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Cairo - Pyramids Hotel Giza
- Moevenpick Hotel Cairo - Pyramids Egypt/Giza