“An oasis of peace in the heart of Cairo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zayed Hotel

You added Zayed Hotel to your Saves list
Zayed Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nr 42 Abu El Mohassen | El Shazly Square, Mohandeseen, Giza 12411, Egypt   |
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Giza
London
“An oasis of peace in the heart of Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

How incredibly quiet and pleasant every time I spend my few days in Cairo. already 4 years returns to Zayed hotel and greeted me each year with a wide smile, a clean and tidy room with a garden view, bathroom - wow bathroom is a story unto itself, just look at the picture.
Do we need to do something more than that?

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room overlooking the park ....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RamyNicola, Owner at Zayed Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Mary, we appreciate your positive review and it is very pleasing that you choose to return to the Zayed Hotel each time you spend in Cairo. We hope to always meet your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff were very helpful,especially Maya who is in charge of the booking and helped arranged a pick up for us from the airport.She also called to check on us after we reached the hotel even though it was her day off.
The rooms were very clean and quiet away from all the noise that is everywhere in cairo. We were also allowed to change our room 3 times! Which not all hotels allow.
The hotel is also located near many famos restaurants such as Mc donalds, kfc,hardees etc and also convinient stores.My only problem with the hotel is the front office manager who was very rude.A really good hotel for a long stay.I would definately visit it again.

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Zayed Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Zayed Hotel. We are glad that you had a comfortable and quiet stay. We always take comments seriously and use it to improve our service and staff relations with our clients. We hope that when you return to Egypt, Zayed Hotel will be your choice of hotel.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

A quaint place in the corner of the park(vegetable gardens). Three short blocks to money changers and a McDonalds. Large room on the eighth floor with accompanying spacious bath.Comfortable beds. The manager, Marwa Ayoub, a person with a warm smile and an accommodating businessman. The staff was attentive. We had a 1:00 AM wake up call scheduled to go to the airport and the front desk called at 12:45PM saying, "WE want you out of here, NOW!" "There might be an incident and we don't want you stuck in Cairo". We gave our driver a healthy tip for getting us through the raging folks on the way to the airport. We were compelled to say : "Now, that's service".

Room Tip: The high floors are the best
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
RamyNicola, Manager at Zayed Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We would like to thank you for your trip review and it pleases us that you had a great stay. Our staff always appreciate pleasant remarks and it surely motivates them to strive for the best possible service to our customers. We hope you will consider one of the eight floor rooms when visiting Egypt again.
Prince George
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I've just returned home from Cairo. My third trip in three years and each time I looked forward to my stay at the Zayed Hotel. The staff are great, ready to help you in anyway they can. The rooms are cozy, clean and quiet. The food is tasty and prepared very well with the foreign traveller in mind.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The Zayed is my home away from home. Try it for yourself and you will see what I mean .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RamyNicola, Manager at Zayed Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Laverne, thank you once again for a great review on our hotel. We are honoured to have you call it your home away from home. You are always welcome back, any time!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Zayed is in a very quiet neighborhood. Rooms and bathrooms are huge, overlooking a garden.
I spent one night on the 9th floor with a king and a twin beds. Everything was lovely there. The hotel is not in downtown area and not close to subway, but only cost about $3 cab ride to/from downtown.

On my way back from Nile cruise, I spent one night in Room 711 with three twin beds. The beds and sheets are clean and confortable. But when I decided to take a bath, I have found some ugly dirty spots on the shower door.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RamyNicola, Owner at Zayed Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. Even though it is never nice to see negative comments, we value them just as much to improve the quality of our hotel and the service of our staff.

We hope that you will consider the Zayed Hotel again if you choose to visit Egypt in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I organised my Siwa/White Desert trip through an Egyptian Company called Lady Egypt. Included in the package was 'day use' of a room at the Zayed Hotel before catching an evening bus to Siwa, so I only had about nine hours at the hotel.
My room was on the seventh floor facing the park/ square, which I found was a good choice as it was quiet and I was able to get a good rest after my long flight.
I was travelling alone and had a room with three single beds, so I could take my pick. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with clean linen, the paintwork and carpet were a little shabby but very good for a 3* hotel.
The bathroom was very clean with a large deep tub, the water pressure was good and the water was hot, a hair-dryer and lots of soft clean towels were also provided. The air-con, fridge and TV (sattelite with English channels) were all in good working order.
The staff were friendly, helpful and informative about the area pointing out the location of restaurants/banks in the area.
I liked the quirky Egyptian décor throughout the hotel and thought the lobby was very comfy and welcoming, there is a sign in the lobby that states “no food or drink to be bought in from outside” but I was not asked to open my bags when I came back to the hotel with my shopping. You can buy a large water at the hotel restaurant for 7LE, I did not have time to eat in the restaurant but it was clean.
The hotel is in a cul de sac and close to Arabiya st where there are lots of restaurants, coffee shops, fast food outlets, within easy walking distance. From the hotel it took about twenty minutes to reach Downtown by taxi and 30 mins on the way back.
The hotel is fine if you are staying for a couple of days and have transport otherwise you have to use taxis which are everywhere and cheap.

Room Tip: Walking distance to good local restaurants, fast food and coffee shops
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I spent some six nights total at Zayed and found it to be a better-than-average three star hotel. The lobby is decorated like some Egyptian fantasy and is staffed with very friendly people. Unfortunately, I had to run a gauntlet of cigarette smoke in the lobby to get to the elevator; there was just no escaping the smell. The halls and room had some nicely framed art throughout. My room during my first stay was quite large, with a king bed and a twin. Half of the king had a very soft mattress, while the other half was quite firm. The carpet needed restretching but that was about the only low note of the room. I appreciated having a small fridge in the room, and free wi-fi that worked more often than not.

The bathroom had nice fresh towels and a very deep tub with a splash panel covering one end, making it somewhat awkward to reach the controls. Hot water was scalding but the pressure was good. The bath and room were cleaned well every day.

The room I was given on my return from Luxor had three twin beds of varying degrees of firmness. It was as comfortably appointed as the other room.

The restaurant and the breakfast included with the room were another story. The coffee was instant, and the food that should have been hot was not even warm. The burners under the chafing dishes were never lit and the scrambled eggs and potatoes were pretty yucky served cold. At least the cold side of the buffet had plenty of fresh fruit, rolls, cheeses, and yogurt salad. The manager was very friendly but smoked constantly in the restaurant, which seems typical for Egypt wherever I went.

The hotel is situated on a small park just a couple blocks from a busy main road. There are a number of restaurants, groceries, and pharmacies in the area as well as a reliable ATM at the nearby gas station. I always felt very safe walking alone at night here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Zayed Hotel? Share your experiences!