“We had a great time - thanks Farid” 4 of 5 stars

Horizon Pyramids Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   198 Pyramids st, Giza 12111, Egypt   |
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Giza
Hamilton
“We had a great time - thanks Farid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and we had a great time. I really enjoyed the meals and found the extremely polite staff were only too happy to help with any requests we had. The best part about our trip though was the driver service. We arrived not really knowing what we were going to do, but we were lined up with (Mohamed) Farid through the hotel and he was absolutely brilliant. No request was too big for him, he was friendly, knowledgeable, trustworthy and not to mention a really good guy. He even bought my sister a bouquet of flowers on her birthday. It was awesome being able to see the real Cairo and Egypt with him.

Room Tip: I think you could see the tip of the pyramids from most or all the rooms in the hotel above level 2...
Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here at the end of 10 months travelling around Africa and we hoped for somewhere relatively nice to relax before heading home. The hotel itself is ok - probably 2/3* by UK standards, the pool is OK but small and the food in the restaurant edible but again not fantastic. Unfortunately we had a problem with our booking and found the staff most unhelpful to the point of feeling slightly harassed at points which did somewhat spoil our stay. We booked a couple of tours from the travel desk which were cheap and we found very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The site I booked this hotel had it listed as a 4 star. Since then, I've come to realize that 4 starts in the States and 4 stars elsewhere are not the same. Tub was dingy, power in my room went out several times and after waiting forever for some assistance from the maintenance staff, I was forced to rely on the kindness of strangers. As I was waiting at my doorlooking down the hallway, a guy walking down the hall asked if he could help. As a woman traveling alone in a dark room, I was a little skeptical but hey, I needed light. He messed with some wires above a panel in the ceiling and the lights came back on. The front desk staff was less than helpful. Noise outside window well into the night made for a horrible night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
mohyi s, General Manager at Horizon Pyramids Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
1.Guest use a machine in the room with high voltage which lead to power cut in the room as per international safety procedure as the power cut happened the engineering department took the necessary action to fix it within 3 minutes.
2.Reception staff was helpful ,they are well trained to handle any guest complain on the spot to obtain guest satisfaction & handling guest requests with the service excellence concept.
3.All hotel rooms are completely isolated with double galas windows (sound proofed) against traffic noise.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel seemed very nice and modern from the outside, but once inside, it was old and pretty rundown. We had requested a non-smoking room and it was supposedly a non-smoking room, but it had matches and an ashtray in the room. Even the lobby was full of smoke (and smokers) most of the time. Closet size was nice, bathroom ok, we actually had a small view of the pyramids. The breakfast was just ok, until on our last morning they had someone making omelettes outside by the pool-that was the best thing I had. You can't drink the water in Egypt so it would have been nice to have complementary water in the room, but they didn't even serve water or juice for the breakfast buffet. We had to buy the water we drank. Pretty disappointing. Pool closed very early, never got to enjoy it. It did have wifi, so that was the best thing about it. The worst thing about this hotel is the noise outside from the street. It is a main thoroughfare and there is literally honking at every hour of the night and we had a room right outside the street on the 3rd floor. Very noisy! Couldn't get the a/c to work well at all. Seemed hot to me most of the time.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the street as possible. Extremely loud and even with earplugs very diffi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1.Non Smoking rooms are available upon request according to Hotel Availability.

2.Lobby area is a public area for all in house guest & visitors , Smoking is allowed on it.

3.Mineral Water is an extra item served upon guest request.

4.Pool opening hours & closing hours Sign available & very clear for all guest attend the pool area.

5.The hotel was completely isolated from the traffic noise as all rooms supported by double glass windows.

6. The air condition is centralized all over the hotel as we didn’t receive any guest complain concerning the A/C.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I booked a single room which was small but perfectly ok ... Room and bathroom was clean, water didnt drain out of bath, flat screen TV with limited channels, free wifi in room. No compimentary water but shops are outside. Lots of eating places outside including Tika (meals are huge) and Pizza Hut. Pool closed at 5pm so I didnt see it. ATM in lobby does not work apparently.. staff ok but not overly friendly.. Hotel taxi cost 100EGP to airport..Carpets in hallways need to be cleaned or replaced as they are very dirty. I would stay here again if I got a good deal thru Expedia again...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Compared to other places for the same price, the room is nice. It's clean, bright, there's tv and free wifi. Breakfast is simple, and they had some amazing cinnamon sugar bread. However, even though I arranged beforehand for airport pickup, no one came. I waited half an hr to no avail and then had to pay twice the amount at the airport for a 'taxi'. (Let me tell you, trying to get a taxi by yourself in the Cairo airport is a nightmare.) I complained when I checked-in and they said they would look into it. They did eventually offer to drive back for free, but I was going to another hotel so they offered to drive me there. Well, the next day the guy was supposed to take me, and after waiting over 15min, I had to inquire on his whereabouts. They couldn't find him but then later told me he was on his way. Five minutes they promised. Well five minutes later they say ten minutes! By this time I tell them forget it and I'll hop in a cab cause I really had to an appt and was meeting someone. I actually was getting into a cab when their porter pulled me out and said 'five minutes!' At this point, I'm totally over this 'complimentary' taxi which already cost me money and time, but since I had no choice I had to wait for their guy to come.

In regards to room service- they really don't understand their own menu. I ordered a garden salad w french dressing. They didn't know what french dressing was, even though it's printed on their menu. So a guy had to come to the room to look at the menu. Of course when it came, it was not french dressing, but a mayo and water mixture.

All in all, the room is good for the price,but seriously, do not rely on their car service! Also, there is nothing on the street itself where it is located, but there is a pizza hut next door and a McDonald's about 2 blocks down. No money exchange services here either, and the HSBC across the street only had a working ATM.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Hotel soo beautiful with nice price. Have very modern and nice new rooms, like nice corridors, good furniture. People working in the Hotel are soo friendly (nice staff). Reception is perfect take all my needs.
I stayed 2 times, from 17 to 19 september and from 23 to 26 september.
Really is a beautiful hotel with very attentive people, I recommend!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Horizon Pyramids Hotel? Share your experiences!