“Wow, über cool!!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 1,407 Reviews
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Wow, über cool!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Le Meridien Pyramids was everything we expected from a 5 star hotel, or even more. Our 5 star experience started at Cairo airport. We had requested an airport pick-up and were greeted before customs by a specially assigned airport representative. This nice gentleman (I'm extremely sorry for forgetting his name) arranged our visa (4 for slightly less than EUR 50), escorted us through passport control through a shortcut and helping us with our bags and customs. Outside, we were awaited by our new best friend, Hany.

Hany is one of Le Meridien's chauffeurs. He and his minivan drove us safely and quickly through Cairo to Gizeh. Before being able to enter the hotel, we were carefully checked for explosives and the like.

After a quick check in we were escorted to our Deluxe Pyramids View (interconnected) rooms by Mohammed. Unfortunately is was far too dark to see the pyramids but the foresight of waking up with a view of them made our kids smile forever. The rooms are nicely redone with a great rain shower, very comfy beds and enough storage room to make your stay organised.

The following day Hany contacted us in a nice manner about our plans for the day. After a superb breakfast, he made arrangements for a camel ride to the pyramids, and the Egyptian museum the day after. The afternoons we spent at the pool drinking the best fresh lemon juices, enjoying the pyramids view and winding down. Staff was nice without hassling you all the time. It is quite clear that business is slow but the hotel has managed to prevent guests to suffer from it.

Of course there's a negative remark as well. As we had booked our rooms under the SPG family campaign our kids were entitled to a 50 percent room fee deduction and free meals of the main menu. Well, the 50 percent room deduction at first was unknown to the reception desk staff (until we showed the booking confirmation), as was the free meals in all restaurants we visited. So every time again we had to show the confirmation and rate details. Slightly annoying but hey, if that's all that we can say on the negative, the stay must have been a very pleasant one!

Wifi, by the way, is not available in the rooms, only in the public places for a very steep fee.

It was hard to leave this extraordinary place, splendid views and indulging experience. Should we return to Cairo, we will return to this hotel and very nice people!

Room Tip: Spare some extra buck and book a deluxe pyramids view room. It's worth the extra money. Oh, and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped in Cairo/Alexandria for two days during a recent cruise vacation. We booked a tour guide (Ramses Tours) independent from the cruise line. An overnight stay was included in the two-day tour and Ramses Tours booked us at the Le Meridien. The hotel was very nice and the location excellent (very close to the pyramids). We had a view of the pyramids from our room. The check in process was quick and easy. The receptionist was very pleasant and spoke English well. The room was very clean and well appointed. The hotel in general seemed to be in good repair. The pool area was very nice with a view of the pyramids. The hotel provided beach towels and there were plenty of chairs. There was a small restaurant/bar between the two pools. It was very relaxing to sit out by the pool and enjoy the view of the pyramids (very little traffic noise). My only complaint was that the pools closed at dusk so after a long day of touring it was a little disappointing to have only short use of the pool. The breakfast buffet was included with the room and was absolutely excellent. They had something for almost any culture.

The the onsite restaurant was Tex-Mex and actually pretty good. Surprisingly, it was better than the Mexican restaurants in the small city I live in. Portion size was very good. My wife and I could have split one meal had we known.

I would stay at the Le Meridien again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed in a refurbished room without Pyramid view which was fully acceptable. Check in good and staff professional, welcoming and efficient. The general aspect of the hotel internally and externally is good - walking distance from the Pyramids, excellent pool area with view, overall ambience hits the mark. There are a lot of staff on hand to meet and greet but the lower level service detail is lacking. Examples - room not serviced second day, wifi expensive and drops in and out, lack of waiter service in the Shisha Cafe, room service breakfast served minus orange juice second day and with grapefruit juice on the third day even though I had ordered orange, vegetarian Oriental Meze served at the Pool bar with a dish of items containing meat, no shampoo provided but two shore gel.

Although none of these individually amount too much, collectively they undermine the experience and there are many hotels that can get it right.

I made my feelings known to the assistant manager on my second day and I did get a complimentary shisha for my trouble and the service generally felt better for the rest of my stay. Unless you wish to walk to the Pyramids and eat the buffet - which looked good but I didn't sample, I would suggest trying somewhere else first.

Room Tip: Make sure it is a refurbished room. Depending on your taste a room not overlooking the pool with Pyr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a day use for this hotel at a charge of USD100, this provided a room at ground floor with direct access to the pool with a view of the pyramids.

The pool is excellent, in fact there are 2 pools and the main one has a bar/ small eating area on an island which was cool. The smaller pool (still quite large) has a waterfall and submerged loungers. This is the main attraction of the hotel in my opinion.

The room was of good quality finishings, the aircon was quiet and effective, the curtains really did make the room dark even at 2PM. The flat screen TV was large.the bathroom had a large walk-in shower. The door to the corridor was sound-proof.

Reception staff were courteous and professional.

We did not make use of the main restaurant but the pool food was excellent, we had a large salad and a pizza.

Our only criticism of this hotel is the concierge service who try to sell you an expensive tour with private vehicle to the pyramids, we finally negotiated a guide only (no transport, we just caught a cab in the street) but the guide turned out to be quite useless and overpriced (LE150) compared to the guide we found in Luxor. As usual, taxis at the hotel were at least double the price of the ones in he street - you should pay max LE10 to the pyramids entrance.

I would return to this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Cairo. You can see Pyramids from your room very clear. The location is very nice. The food is also delecios. The survace is altimately very good. I recommend this hotel for persons who want to have relaxation and enjoing watching Pyramids.

Room Tip: All rooms facing Pyramids
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Campbell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the incredibly delectable breakfast buffet, the dream-worthy beds, the absolutely fantastic service, to the jaw-dropping views, this hotel deserves this very positive review.

The food at all of the restaurants was excellent and I felt guilty that I enjoyed the pools so much, that at times, I chose to stay longer at the hotel vs. touring the area!

Room Tip: Upgrading to a room with a view of the pyramids is TREMENDOUSLY worth the $50 per night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice stay, personnel very polite, nice food, nice gym. I haven't been in any other egyptian hotel, but I guess this is a high class considering the local standards.
I was on a business trip, so my goal wasn't to have views of the pyramids from my room. No problem here. But the street on the other side is a bit noisy, although it does not bother when sleeping.
I did use the Gym. Very well equipped and clean. Good point here. And the restaurant at the pool for dinners with the pyramids in front, is nearly priceless.
The hotel also have transportation, so if you want to avoid getting a local taxi, you may use their service as a simple taxi. Probably more expensive than the street rates, but easier for a stranger.
I will definitely repeat with my family next time.

Room Tip: rooms on the street side are noisy. The others look at the pyramids. The best are those on the 6th f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!