“Complain and it gets better” 3 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Remaya Square | Pyramids, Giza 12561, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Giza
4.0 of 5 stars 1,405 Reviews
“Complain and it gets better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed in a refurbished room without Pyramid view which was fully acceptable. Check in good and staff professional, welcoming and efficient. The general aspect of the hotel internally and externally is good - walking distance from the Pyramids, excellent pool area with view, overall ambience hits the mark. There are a lot of staff on hand to meet and greet but the lower level service detail is lacking. Examples - room not serviced second day, wifi expensive and drops in and out, lack of waiter service in the Shisha Cafe, room service breakfast served minus orange juice second day and with grapefruit juice on the third day even though I had ordered orange, vegetarian Oriental Meze served at the Pool bar with a dish of items containing meat, no shampoo provided but two shore gel.

Although none of these individually amount too much, collectively they undermine the experience and there are many hotels that can get it right.

I made my feelings known to the assistant manager on my second day and I did get a complimentary shisha for my trouble and the service generally felt better for the rest of my stay. Unless you wish to walk to the Pyramids and eat the buffet - which looked good but I didn't sample, I would suggest trying somewhere else first.

Room Tip: Make sure it is a refurbished room. Depending on your taste a room not overlooking the pool with Pyr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a day use for this hotel at a charge of USD100, this provided a room at ground floor with direct access to the pool with a view of the pyramids.

The pool is excellent, in fact there are 2 pools and the main one has a bar/ small eating area on an island which was cool. The smaller pool (still quite large) has a waterfall and submerged loungers. This is the main attraction of the hotel in my opinion.

The room was of good quality finishings, the aircon was quiet and effective, the curtains really did make the room dark even at 2PM. The flat screen TV was large.the bathroom had a large walk-in shower. The door to the corridor was sound-proof.

Reception staff were courteous and professional.

We did not make use of the main restaurant but the pool food was excellent, we had a large salad and a pizza.

Our only criticism of this hotel is the concierge service who try to sell you an expensive tour with private vehicle to the pyramids, we finally negotiated a guide only (no transport, we just caught a cab in the street) but the guide turned out to be quite useless and overpriced (LE150) compared to the guide we found in Luxor. As usual, taxis at the hotel were at least double the price of the ones in he street - you should pay max LE10 to the pyramids entrance.

I would return to this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Cairo. You can see Pyramids from your room very clear. The location is very nice. The food is also delecios. The survace is altimately very good. I recommend this hotel for persons who want to have relaxation and enjoing watching Pyramids.

Room Tip: All rooms facing Pyramids
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Campbell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the incredibly delectable breakfast buffet, the dream-worthy beds, the absolutely fantastic service, to the jaw-dropping views, this hotel deserves this very positive review.

The food at all of the restaurants was excellent and I felt guilty that I enjoyed the pools so much, that at times, I chose to stay longer at the hotel vs. touring the area!

Room Tip: Upgrading to a room with a view of the pyramids is TREMENDOUSLY worth the $50 per night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice stay, personnel very polite, nice food, nice gym. I haven't been in any other egyptian hotel, but I guess this is a high class considering the local standards.
I was on a business trip, so my goal wasn't to have views of the pyramids from my room. No problem here. But the street on the other side is a bit noisy, although it does not bother when sleeping.
I did use the Gym. Very well equipped and clean. Good point here. And the restaurant at the pool for dinners with the pyramids in front, is nearly priceless.
The hotel also have transportation, so if you want to avoid getting a local taxi, you may use their service as a simple taxi. Probably more expensive than the street rates, but easier for a stranger.
I will definitely repeat with my family next time.

Room Tip: rooms on the street side are noisy. The others look at the pyramids. The best are those on the 6th f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The best thing about Le Meridien Pyramids is, of course, the view of the pyramids. The next best thing is the security with a high wall, bomb sniffing dogs, searches of all vehicles, etc. The bad things include that they lost my reservation (but were able to accommodate us nevertheless), the lobby was tired looking, and the food in the restaurant was awful. But waking in the morning and seeing the pyramids from your terrace is priceless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having arrived from a nile cruise and 4 days in sharm el sheik this hotel we were told would be the best! On arrival we thought the reception was very dark, although we had paid the extra for a pyramid view so we were eager to go and take pictures...we didnt expect to have a apartment block in the way! The pool was very cold no matter what time of day you went in it with no diving allowed mainly my feet were all that got wet, The sun beds in the pool however were very relaxing once you had got over the coldness of the water. Thankfully we were only staying 2 nights at the hotel as it was very expensive a garage just a 5 minute walk away at the hotel pay in cash otherwise they add a percentage on for putting it to your room and paying on departure. We had booked the pyramid trip when booking the holiday in egypt and our guide made the time in cairo fantastic, Heba took the photos of us 'holding the pyramids, leaning on them and standing as a family' this gave us some incredable photos from the holidays. Although we enjoyed our stay here we were glad it was only for 2 days because there was very little to do except watch tv in your room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!