“Comfotrable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Giza
4.0 of 5 stars 472 Reviews
“Comfotrable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

i like the location and the view from the rooms but i was dissapointed that the swimming pool is not working,i ordered 2 contenintal breakfast in the room but they brougt one contenintal and one oriental ,the menu doesn't have lots of choices ,the furniture of the room was very good and clean ,i enjoyed staying in movenpick

• Stayed June 2014
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Valued guest, thank you for your honest feedback, we apologize for not making your stay with us memorable. It is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself and will take all the measures to meet your expectations next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Staid here for 5 nights on a business trip. The hotel is massive and the rooms are very spread out which is a bit of a problem as its a long walk to the lobby especially because the golf car they use to transport you to the room is hardly ever available. Furniture in the room is very dated and the quality is nothing close to a 5 star hotel. Location is possibly the worst possible place you could stay in Cairo. It's in the middle of nowhere and a massive construction site for the Cairo Mall is right in front of the hotel. Unfortunately I will not return to this hotel. I will be back in Cairo next week and have booked Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah in the Zamaleek area. Looks way better and i know the area so i'm sure at least the area will be better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

without any previous notification and after charging my credit card with the whole stay amount, I suddenly discovered that the swimming pool is closed due to some maintenance with building materials on both sides. by the end of the next day I was shocked to find that there is another pool with availble rooms on it having a much better view than the view of the closed pool . I m not sure how hey make booking on the closed side and on what basis do they choose who stay here and who stay there ?! I guess it depend on the guest complain.

My check in took more than an hour cause I forget to get a marriage proof given that my 5 months child keep crying cause it was time to feed and change. I though a crying child might make a difference but unfortunately not.

The only good point I can remember is that they gave me a 2 hours free late check out. thx

Room Tip: Dont stay in the rooms on the closed pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice and excellent resort I feel happiness with this wonderful trip and looking to repeat it again soon.
You can mail me for any future offers even at weekend or during any working days to make us enjoy such wonderful place and kind hospitality

• Stayed May 2014
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Coordinator at Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Mr.Sameh, thank you for your great feedback and attention, it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was staying there for one night on a complimentary basis including breakfast as I am a member in circle M and I have a complimentary night stay voucher for one time.
The staff was very helpfully, they gave me an early check in and late check out, the breakfast was good.
What I did not like first they have a special guest ( prince ) who has been staying for 7 years uptill now, he has so many dogs huge ones while I was on my way to the reception I felt those dogs breathing behind me ( 2 Rottweilers ) big size although their guard was holding them tight still I find it so uncomfortable and I thought if my child saw them he will run and they will run after him and the guard won't be able to control them, second they are working on a aqua park and there was a lot of noise although I was far still I could hear the noise this is should be a resort, third they do not respect the privacy or the comfort of their guest because they let the golf car and the laundry one to pass in front of the terraces which is uncomfortable for me instead of looking at the pool I keep looking at these cars and the housekeeping came early in the morning shouting and calling each other and listening to their audio on their mobile and cleaned my terrace while I am still there in the room yes I was awake but my son was still asleep and they should not make such noise or clean any part of my room including the terrace unless I leave the room, fourth the glass of the balcony was not tight and I was feeling cold at night there is a lot of space between the glass and the aluminum.

All in all the landscape is nice and the room was nice although it needs some maintenance and the reception was adequate and helpfull.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mrs. Rania, thank you for your honest feedback, we apologize for not making your stay with us memorable. It is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself and will take all the measures to meet your expectations next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hi i m The manager of Alresala Alalfya Art Production in Alexandria this was my second visit to Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City
Thanks for great serving this made me proud you re doing very good may be the disco need more care >> Thanks again . This wont be my last visit .

Room Tip: 18112 Great view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Hisham, thank you for your great feedback and attention, it is an honor for us to have such wonderful guests as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

i really enjoyed my stay at movenpick, especially in the morning, the breakfast, the service and ambiance was great, the room was clean and well prepared, there is everything that i needed in the room. But what really disappointed me, the hotel at night, i went with my buddies to drink something next to the lobby at an open air area, the music was so bad and loud, it gave me the impression that i'm at a cheap restaurant, also the alcoholic beverage was expensive to be that bad. and i changed my order 2 times so he can get me the right drink. another thing i did not like at all, the food (except the breakfast) i ordered 4 meals during my stay, one meal out of those 4 was actually tasty, the rest were awful compared to the price and also to Movenpick, before ordering the food i told my friend "dont worry it's movenpick. the food must be great" and we were actually shocked by the taste of it.
the smell in the elevator was awful as well, i took the stairs all the time to avoid the smell of the elevator. also i walked A LOT during my stay, i saw the golf cars just parked there and nobody using them except when someone was checking in.
other than that nothing bothered me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mövenpick Cairo M, Assistant PR Manager at Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City, responded to this review, May 19, 2014

Been to Moevenpick Hotel & Casino Cairo-Media City? Share your experiences!