This hotel has the best location in Egypt set in the shadows of the pyramids. Great rooms with plenty of space. Wide choice for breakfast but food for dinner was only average. I found this typical of Egypt, don't expect gastronomy but I guess you don't visit Egypt for that. Try to avoid rooms facing the back. They back into a very busy road with the noise of the mad traffic and a local mosque with broadcast prayers even at 3.30 in the morning!
For a 5 star I would expect better such as not finding used items in the mini bar, dirty public areas and used crockery in the room, all minor in the scheme of things
Be prepared for Cairo, it really is a shock for most Europeans. It the most dirty, polluted city I have seen. You need to have your wits about you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza