This hotel is in the very best location for visiting the Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza.....while you are technically in Cairo this is quite far from the downtown area.
The hotel allows smoking in certain sections and the bar and parts of the restaurants.....which contributes, I think, to a general "down at the heels" feeling.
The golf course and part of the hotel were closed for restoration...so we'll have to see.
The room (I was in Garden wing facing pyramids) have great views...and were very comfortable.
The hotel is no longer part of the Oberoi group....so perhaps that is why things don't feel quite so spic and span.....and know that there are often rocking parties and weddings in front of hotel with huge amounts of noise until at least midnight......
Otherwise...excellent base for touring.....Internet only worked in lobby....and even then spotty.....Breakfast was excellent. Indian restaurant good, but not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza