We started our Egyptian vacation in Cairo at Mena House Hotel Giza, where old world charm meets 21st century luxury. This has to be one of the best hotels in Egypt, the view of the Pyramids from the hotel was breath taking as was the hotel and grounds.
After visiting the famous Egyptian Museum and tour of Cairo we flew to Luxor to start our 7 night Nile cruise to Aswan, this was our first time on a river cruise and we were not disappointed, the boat was well appointed the crew were excellent as was the food.
We were escorted on our cruise by an expert Egyptologist called George who went beyond the call of duty to make sure that we got the best out of our visits to the many ancient sites and monuments.
The valley of the kings was the standout visit for us, it has a truly amazing atmosphere about it, this included a tour of Howard Carter's house, WOW.
Our last four days in Egypt were spent at the Fort Arabesque resort on the Red sea, another excellent hotel with lovely food.
During our time in Egypt it was obvious that the British were not travelling there this year ! due to the adverse publicity from the Media whilst German/Italian and Russian tourists were like us enjoying what Egypt has to offer.
My advice is visit now !! Egypt is open for business and is safe and welcoming.
Our tour was organised for us by Orbital Travel, checkout their web page, I recommend them for a Cruise / stay vacation in Egypt.
Alan & Sandra Parker
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza