I stay in the newer wing with a garden view. Stay here because of my group tourist with Giza Pyramid destination. Arrived at night, I didn't realize what kind of the great view this hotel afford. First impression when I open my room, It's very big and very clean with welcome fruits on a table. I have a very nice sleep.
Next morning, when go to restaurant for breakfast, I am very suprised for a view from the garden. The pyramid is in front of me! First I tought this is a fake one just an hotel ornamen, but a staff tell me that is Khufu Pyramid, the real Pyramid. Wow.. What a view!
After taking some picture with pyramid background, I have a breakfast. From the restaurant, I can see the pyramid more clearly. My tour leader said, just take only one minute from hotel to the Pyramid.
So sad, I just only stay for one night in this great hotel. Must be back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza