We have travelled the world and have to say sitting on our balcony, listening to birds, surrounded by gardens and looking at two wonderous pyramids from new wing of hotel, is a very special experience,
An old hunting lodge, Mena house is a welcome break from the craziness just outside the main gate, around 100m from main entrance to pyramids.
Staff friendly, rooms large and spotlessly clean, multiple English TV channels, nice large pool and a number of eating options with Western prices, extensive breakfast - u can ask for eggs, omelets, crepes to be cooked for you. Photos and artwork of old Egypt spotted around quite lovely and tour of old palace area daily.
We also had a lovely Indian meal in the Mogul room.
Only real downside is no wifi in rooms and outrageously expensive internet.
Shops on site also ridiculously overpriced and surly staff in banks, shops which is in contrast to the helpful and professional hotel staff.
But don't let these things put you off - to sit and look at the pyramids from your balcony is worth it.
We caught metered taxi to Egypt museum and souk easily on main road nearby for around 50 Egyptian pound each way so while in Giza, hotel not far away from city sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza