I have just spent a week at the Mena House Hotel, it was truly the holiday of a lifetime! The hotel is fantastic, they upgraded me from a pyramid view room to a suite and I had a week of luxury, room service is quick and efficient and I spent many a happy hour sitting on one of my two balconies sipping tea and just looking at the pyramids.
The rooms were kept spotlessly clean by cheerful staff who could not do too much for you, fresh flowers, fruit and a complementary daily paper helped to make me feel really spoilt. The restaurant service was exemplary and the food always delicious, I particularly enjoyed the breakfast experience with the company of the delightful breakfast ladies.
The garden and pool area are beautiful and clearly looked after with care and devotion, often the pool was empty and you felt you had the whole place to yourself!
The entire week was simply perfect paradise! I felt completely safe and looked after the whole time, my trips out were fun and the glimpses of another way of life fascinating. As a single woman you never quite know what to expect, but this was simply heaven and a holiday I will remember as the best ever.
It's expensive but you get more than your moneys worth, go to Egypt with complete confidence, I find it perfectly safe. Go to Giza and Cairo, be amazed at the past and the present. Stay at Mena House to be spoilt, pampered and refreshed. Thank you to all the amazing staff!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza