I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful hotel, having perviously stayed there a few years ago. It is still wonderful. We stayed in a pyramid view room which was just fabulous. we arrived at the hotel at 2am and so went straight to bed. Upon waking, we opened the curtains and saw a pyramid, and then, blow me, there was another one. My friend was totally astounded and thrilled, not only by the view but by the kindness of the staff.
The first night we ate in the Indian restaurant in the hotel and had the most delicious meal. The lovely waiters even took mine back because, despite them thinking it was a mild curry, my lips were on fire. They added something and brought it back and it was even better.
The following night we ate in the International restaurant and came across the nicest waiter ever.
I swam in the beautiful new pool at the back of the hotel. It is tiled with dark blue tiles that give it such a lovely, warm feel. The water was lovely, the towels big and plentiful and the banana split
This hotel is so worth staying in. I can't wait to go back; it is luxury unadulterated and sooooo close to the pyramids it's ridiculous. You can walk to them from here.
Please, go and stay, you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza