Recently stayed at the Sheraton Cairo and was very pleased with it's Nile riverfront location in the city centre. The lobby,outdoor pool and restaurants (there are several to choose from) are very modern but the hallways and rooms are in dire need of refurbishing. By that I mean rugs and drapes etc. - very depressing when you get off the elevator and walk to your room.
The room we had on the 13th floor (yes there is a 13th floor) was more like a suite and we were very pleased with its spaciousness. The room had a wrap-around balcony so that we had great views of Cairo - at least through the smog.
Hints - there's a great little Italian restaurant right across the road and to the right of the hotel. It's right beside the Nile and its prices are really reasonable. Unfortunately, like many Egyptian restaurants they don't serve wine,liquor or beer. Try a water pipe for your first real Egyptian experience even if you're not a smoker. Much better than cigarettes, cigars or pipes.
If you can, get the B&B deal with your room. The buffet breakfast in the second tower(there are 2 locations)was outstanding.
Word of warning - crossing the accompanying roundabout to the left of the hotel is very dangerous for pedestrians.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Closed For Renovations Until April 30, 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers And Casino
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers Hotel Giza
- Cairo Sheraton
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers & Casino Egypt/Giza