Where to even begin how bad this hotel is? I'll just go on a number basis.
1. Hostels that charge 10$ a night have better service.
2. They charged us 220$ when most rooms were about 50$. Rip off we weren't aware off, since someone else booked it for us. Thought this was a Starwood property, so obviously it was trustworthy, but HELL NO.
3. The Concierge names Muhammad (everyone's named Muhammad lol) overcharged us for the stupid Giza pyramid trip. Then the guide who came to get us was a sketch bag named Mossad who kept giving us attitude. Mossad was an associate of Muhammad. It's like in Delhi or Kolkata, you refer your own or business is done through some one you know.
4. The 25$ breakfast we were charged for was so disgusting it's best not to talk about it.
5. Starwood (and the owner) let hte property go to hell. It was clearly nice at one point but now looks like a dungeon where creepy people might jump out behind you. No nothing like the Shining, but give it another year... actually what am i talking about, atleast the hotel in the Shining was nice... ...
6. The door guy ... the door guy the door guy. sketchy sketchy sketchy. This whole place. They all help each other out to rip off the tourists. (if you are white, please be aware). When we were trying to leave, the door man (they act like they are REALLY nice but have practiced the art of lying to a perfection. Acting is probably a better career for these desperate poor workers). he refused to let us get into a taxi. We had to literally scream at him to let us get into a taxi of our choice!!!! It was ridiculous we were elbowing our way through a hoard of taxi drivers fighting over us (and the doorman who's supposed to help us was instead referring us to this one dude - probably his friend or relative) the situation was so ridiculous i can't believe it even happened.
7. no bottle of water: they told me that no hotels in cairo (including the 5 star ones) keep water bottles in the hotel rooms.
8. the bed looked like someone had slept in it before we got there.
9. the housekeeping dude wouldn't leave us alone when we were leaving in the hopes of extra tips
10. UNICEF children's fund: im not sure if this is acceptable but usually from my experience if you want to leave any money for a charity whether it be UNICEF or the Emirates fund, or WHATEVER, you are normally asked ahead of time. They went ahead and added the money anyway! Without even asking or giving a notice.
11. BIggest peeve and irritable factor. Charged me for internet but there was NO WIRELESS CONNECTION in the stupid room. Ironically, the internet connection was labelled 'The Way Out'. And I took the advice. on top of that, it was wildly over charged.
12. SEcurity: ummmm... if you are a woman, please don't trust this 'security'. Creepy much?
13. The Cafe downstairs serving Illy coffee: great coffee, too bad dude can't make a cappuccino to save his life, and on top of that, the chair my friend was sitting down BROKE.
Positives: a) the AC was very much functional so that was awesome b) Bathroom was great, awesome hot water, the view was absolutely amazing. The beds were alright.
c) the lobby area has huge potential but relatively nice (this is on the first floor). d) restaurant on the Ground level seemed like itw as very nice but completely empty.
Overall, this property and the service was a a huge disappointment, especially because it claims to be a 5 star hotel, and is a Starwood property. Starwood needs to do a better job keeping tabs on what's going on. Other hotels in Cairo are not falling apart like this and there is no excuse for the despicable state this property is in. This is no way to run a business.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers And Casino
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers Hotel Giza
- Cairo Sheraton
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers & Casino Egypt/Giza