We had a fabulous time at the hotel!
Check in was smooth and front office arranged interconnecting rooms at short notice with views of the pyramids. The king size bed in our room was very comfortable and welcoming.
A slight issue for the hotel to address: The public areas to the rooms are a little tired and in need of a refurbishment, one of the air conditioning units in the room was also quite noisy and in need of a service as well. Apart from that it was a great place to stay and see the sights.
We also felt very secure given the current political problems Egypt is facing.
Hany, who was our bar tender, is a wonderfully spirited person with so much enthusiasm for his job. He always greeted us with a smile and a cold drink after our long hot days of sight seeing.
Well done Mercure Le Sphinx!
Tony and Eloise
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel Giza
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Giza
- Giza Sofitel
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Egypt/Giza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx combines an exciting location & incomparable service. This impressive hotel offers its guests a unique opportunity to explore the historical surroundings in total comfort & convenience. Located in a magnificent park at the foot of the Giza Pyramids & the Sphinx, 35 km from Cairo international airport, this 5-star hotel is ideal for leisure & relaxation seekers with its various recreational facilities as well as business trips with its two fully equipped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.