We stayed here for 3 nights to start our sightseeing holiday. 5 star it is not, but it is serviceable for an overnight stay.
We paid extra to get a view of the pyramids, don't bother. We could just about see the top of a pyramid through the smog, the pollution levels are high! It also meant that we were very close to a VERY busy main road, and in Cairo that means non stop horn sounding and constant traffic.
The room itself was small but clean and the beds were comfortable. There was nowhere to put our cases without having to climb over them or the beds if we wanted to move. The wardrobe was tiny you could maybe hang a jacket and a pair of trousers. Bathroom was clean and the shower worked fine.
We were B&B, but there is nowhere else to eat without taking your life in your hands, so we ate in the buffet restaurant in the evening and the pool bar at lunchtime. The food was OK.
We tried to get a drink in the bar, 2 Bloody Mary's please? Sorry, no vodka (?) OK, 2 Gin & Tonic then? Sorry, no tonic (!) How about a beer then, Heineken? Sorry no Heineken. This is a 5 star hotel?
OK, we thought, must be better second night, tried again, same answer. Apparently they have not had any vodka for 3 months.
All in all, this hotel is OK for a night if you're passing through, but don't pay for a pyramid room, the others are much quieter so we understand.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel Giza
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel Giza
- Sofitel Giza
- Giza Sofitel
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Egypt/Giza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx combines an exciting location & incomparable service. This impressive hotel offers its guests a unique opportunity to explore the historical surroundings in total comfort & convenience. Located in a magnificent park at the foot of the Giza Pyramids & the Sphinx, 35 km from Cairo international airport, this 5-star hotel is ideal for leisure & relaxation seekers with its various recreational facilities as well as business trips with its two fully equipped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.