“Very good for business stay” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wahat Road, Giza, Egypt   |
Ranked #17 of 36 hotels in Giza
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Very good for business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is clearly not a 5 star hotel for a European standard, but it is a very nice local hotel.
For a short stay, this is very good business hotel. It is quite close to Smart Village (where all the main business have their offices), which makes it very convenient.
It has 2 pools, one very nice, where you can relax
In the night there is sometimes live music, which is nice.
It also has a good spa and gym, which is very useful when you stay more, or just want to relax.
Also you have 3 restaurants, you can choose from.
the rooms are quite nice, large and clean; the service is very good in the hotel
The breakfast is good, but the same each day, so if you stay longer ...
The hotel is also close to the pyramids, which makes it a convenient overnight stay.

We have not experienced any issues during our long 10 days stay, and we plan go go back again for our next business trips.

I do not have other experiences in Cairo/Egypt, so I don't have anything else to compare with. Obviously you cannot compare it with a good European hotel, but what I have seen around, I would prefer this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GhadaBeshr, The Management at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your postive comments on Trip Advisor and giving us such a nice feedback. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked a night with my points so I was not expecting much, especially with the negative reviews I saw on Tripadvisor. I have to say it is the best Sheraton I have stayed in. The room was spacious and the bathroom modern. I have just been to the Sheraton in Tunis and Casablanca and this one by far surpasses the quality of those two. It is interesting that despite paying for my stays in the other two I was not upgraded to a club room and neither did I have access to the club lounge. Here I was given club privileges - free Internet, free breakfast, free snacks and drinks in the lounge, bowl of fruit etc. I would recommend upgrading to club status, it is worth it. It is a bit far from the city but perfect for a family getaway as it is walking distance to the fun fair, Dream Park and it has a great pool area. There is no public transportation so I suggest you go to the parking lot of the Dream Park and get a taxi there as the hotel uses a car service which can be pricy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GhadaBeshr, The Management at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Kind Regards
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent 6 nights at Sheration Dreamland Cairo from 26 August until 1 Sept 2012 and I want to share my opinion about this hotel.

First of all, I don't think that it is a hotel that deserves 5 stars. Apart from the fact that it has a wonderful pool area, I was pretty much deceived since I had expected a lot more from a 5-star luxury hotel. The reason behind:

- ROOM: I booked a Deluxe Room (with bathtube and balcony according to the website) which is one level better than a standard room. When I arrived, they were happy to tell me that they upgrade my room to a Club Room, consequently I was pretty much excited. As I was entering the room, I felt great deception because there was neither bathtube nor balcony and on the top of it the window was on the Dream Park's side - which is a Luna Park so extremely noisy. All the same I can say that the room was okay: the bed was big and comfortable, i had a "club area" with a desk and sofa, however, I would have expected much more from a high quality and over-priced room.

- RESTAURANT & FOOD: The service was not 5-star at all. Several times that I was going to have breakfast they just didn't realize me after I had arrived so I needed to sit there for 15-20 min so that someone serve me. The food was good, nothing special and when I was served, the stuff was extremely nice and helpful. They served very delicious food in the evening, I always felt a really bad smell when I was there, though.... a smell of bad quality food!

- ROOM SERVICE: The cleaners were nice but even if I gave them money, they didn't do anything special and what's more, they stole 40 EUR from my wallet! I had 70 EUR in my wallet which I had put into my luggage. I know that I should have put it to the safe but come on, someone stole 40 EUR out of my 70 and only the cleaners could enter the room... :( How can it happen in a 5-star hotel??? When I told at the reception that I'd been stolen, they examined the room door and in the end I got the e-mail that "I am sorry but we didn't find anything suspicious".

Apart from that, I ordered some food in the evenings and once they didn't even come! And I had to phone the reception 3 times to fill my minibar because no one was willing to come to my room.

- POOL & WELLNESS FACILITIES: the pool area was really nice, it was the best record from my stay there. The gym and sauna were also good, big enough and clean.

- STUFF: the stuff was very nice and helpful but as I said before, it took a while until they realized my presence.

- LOCATION: very bad, despite the fact that it is quite close to the pyramids (around 20-30 minutes drive), it was in the middle of nowhere and there were no possibilities to do anything but staying there.

Altogether I wouldn't recommend this hotel as the one I'd been staying at back in Janiary 2012 - Mena House Oberoi - was way better! I had a view on the pyramids, the service and food was excellent and I was not stolen there. The basic rate is around 120 dollars in Sheraton, for hits money you can find much better hotels around (e.g. Mövenpick).

Feri

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GhadaBeshr, The Management at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center.

We we certainly concerned to learn about the 40 Euros missing from your room for which we are asking your good self to accept our sincerest apology on behalf of the entire Sheraton Dreamland team. Furthermore, an immediate investigation took place with the concerned staff putting into consideration the room lock readings, checking lockers etc….. following our efficient security procedures, but regrettably the outcome of the results nothing has been found, however we have a spacious free safe deposit boxes in all rooms that can take a laptop inside. And regarding the rooms we have many club rooms with a balcony but you didn't inform us that you need one.

Our location is in Dreamland compound, with many activities to get busy with, we have Cinemas -Tennis & Football course, SPA and Dreamland Golf as well.

Once again, we regret your disappointment looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center and assuring you of our care and attention at all times.

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked a triple room to spend one night there,,,,when I reached the hotel at around 7 pm the room I got was below average and the extra bed was still not there,....The room was full of dust....the carpets had stains,,,I went to change the room at the front desk and had to wait for about 20 min until the receptiomist showed up.....then came Mr George who was very friendly and helpful ,,,he gave me another room in the fifth floor..iT was more spacious but the still clenliness was poor the bathroom was smelly and hence the room . minbar was empty not even water..there were hair in the shower,,,,the bedsheets were dirty and not ironed looking as if they were used before,,,,,,no soaps in the bathroom ,,,no dental kit ,,,,i had to ask for ,,,,when I asked for extra pillows they were dirty also..In the morning as I turned the light beside me on I found I bed bug in on my sheet!!!! there were also mosquitos in the room. We went to have breakfast ,,,It was not bad except when my son found a paper pin in his danish,,,,,When I called the waiter he apologized and sent us a complimentary fruit basket to the room later. I don't thinl I will go there another time

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GhadaBeshr, The Management at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to host you at Sheraton Dreamland and we are grateful to your comments which will greatly support our improvement in the mentioned areas. Please allow us to take a minute of your time to clarify and respond to your queries: regarding the mini bar it is filled up upon request, Complimentary water bottle in the rooms upon guest check in day, new pillows are provided to all hotel rooms and we have a new Executive Housekeeper who joined recently with a full new concept and vision and regarding the bugs a full check was done to the room by the Executive housekeeper involving the pest control company checking the bed mattress, bed box, carpet, the wooden furniture and nothing was found.

Thank you for your feedback and still we hope that you will give us another chance some time soon. We will do our best and try to regain your confidence.

Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I loved everything in the hotel, the Rooms were very nice, the breakfast was very good, the swimming pool is also very good. The club lounge is nice also.
The only one bad about the hotel are the sleeping pillows, I mean they are really bad, The hotel really needs to replace all the pillows with new ones.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GhadaBeshr, The Management at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Ashafie,

Thank you so much for posting out your comments on Trip Advisor and giving such a nice feedback and regarding your comment on the pillows; we upgraded all our rooms & suites with brand new pillows.
We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and are very much looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

1) The rooms is rundown,
2) mini bar is empty, u need to ask them to fill it up as per the policy. That sill didn't stop them from charging me for chocolates.
3) they have tea bags for free but you have to pay for the water.
4) pillows are very thin and the extra ones I ask for were dirty.
5) no robes or slippers
6) no toiletries except for shampo , conditioner, and sharer gel
7) they kept telling me they would convey my complaint to the duty manger who never showed up.
8) food is below average.
9) for breakfast, juices were free but you had to pay for water.
10) no wifi
Other than that they are ok.

Room Tip: If u must stay here, book a club room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Hani,

It was a great pleasure to host you at Sheraton Dreamland and we are grateful to your comments which will greatly support our improvement in the mentioned areas. Please allow us to take a minute of your time to clarify and respond to your queries: regarding the min bar it is filled up upon request, Complimentary water bottle in the rooms upon guest check in day, new pillows are provided to all hotel rooms, robes & slippers are available in the Club rooms, we have a new Director of Food & Beverage who joined recently with a full new concept and vision and regarding the WIFI its available in all public areas with charge.

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spent only one night at this hotel. First of all, It looks like there is no hotel engineer, Many things need a repair in interior wall painting or in facades. In addition, sanitary works inside bathrooms need to be carefully checked!! Front desk employees are amazing, friendly, and very helpful, especially, Mr. George and Mrs. Erin. This is the point in this hotel, you'll discover that when you deal with any of the staff, individually, they are nice and helpful, but teamwork generally is totally so bad. For example, I asked for a drink in my room from room service and I got it after complete one hour!! At the restuarant you always find something missed of table tools and when you ask, you get it in very slow response. The staff are apologizing for something the did it not perfect all the time everywhere in the hotel. Finally, housekeeping is absent!!! Dust is incredible !!! Not Sheraton's standards at all !!!!

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms in front of Dreamland park. So noisy !!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GhadaBeshr, The Management at Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you very much for giving us your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel. We value your feedback highly and please accept our apology for the unpleasant memories we created.
It seems like another visit to our hotel does not rank high on your agenda at the moment. Still, we hope that you will give us another chance some time soon and see all your comments has been taken care of. We will do our best yo try to regain your confidence.

Been to Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!