I spent 6 nights at Sheration Dreamland Cairo from 26 August until 1 Sept 2012 and I want to share my opinion about this hotel.
First of all, I don't think that it is a hotel that deserves 5 stars. Apart from the fact that it has a wonderful pool area, I was pretty much deceived since I had expected a lot more from a 5-star luxury hotel. The reason behind:
- ROOM: I booked a Deluxe Room (with bathtube and balcony according to the website) which is one level better than a standard room. When I arrived, they were happy to tell me that they upgrade my room to a Club Room, consequently I was pretty much excited. As I was entering the room, I felt great deception because there was neither bathtube nor balcony and on the top of it the window was on the Dream Park's side - which is a Luna Park so extremely noisy. All the same I can say that the room was okay: the bed was big and comfortable, i had a "club area" with a desk and sofa, however, I would have expected much more from a high quality and over-priced room.
- RESTAURANT & FOOD: The service was not 5-star at all. Several times that I was going to have breakfast they just didn't realize me after I had arrived so I needed to sit there for 15-20 min so that someone serve me. The food was good, nothing special and when I was served, the stuff was extremely nice and helpful. They served very delicious food in the evening, I always felt a really bad smell when I was there, though.... a smell of bad quality food!
- ROOM SERVICE: The cleaners were nice but even if I gave them money, they didn't do anything special and what's more, they stole 40 EUR from my wallet! I had 70 EUR in my wallet which I had put into my luggage. I know that I should have put it to the safe but come on, someone stole 40 EUR out of my 70 and only the cleaners could enter the room... :( How can it happen in a 5-star hotel??? When I told at the reception that I'd been stolen, they examined the room door and in the end I got the e-mail that "I am sorry but we didn't find anything suspicious".
Apart from that, I ordered some food in the evenings and once they didn't even come! And I had to phone the reception 3 times to fill my minibar because no one was willing to come to my room.
- POOL & WELLNESS FACILITIES: the pool area was really nice, it was the best record from my stay there. The gym and sauna were also good, big enough and clean.
- STUFF: the stuff was very nice and helpful but as I said before, it took a while until they realized my presence.
- LOCATION: very bad, despite the fact that it is quite close to the pyramids (around 20-30 minutes drive), it was in the middle of nowhere and there were no possibilities to do anything but staying there.
Altogether I wouldn't recommend this hotel as the one I'd been staying at back in Janiary 2012 - Mena House Oberoi - was way better! I had a view on the pyramids, the service and food was excellent and I was not stolen there. The basic rate is around 120 dollars in Sheraton, for hits money you can find much better hotels around (e.g. Mövenpick).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Dreamland Hotel Giza
- Sheraton Dreamland Hotel And Conference Center
- Sheraton Dreamland Hotel & Conference Center Egypt/Giza