“Outstanding service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
Toronto
“Outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The friendly and helpful staff both at the front desk and in the coffee shop make this hotel really stand out.

The rooms are generic in style and average in size, but clean and comfortable.

The free WiFi worked pretty well. The Indian restaurant is very good indeed.

Two weaknesses prevent me from giving it an 'outstanding' rating:

1. The gym, while clean, is small and cramped. The equipment was in good repair but limited in scope. If the gym could be doubled in size, with additional machines and perhaps more windows, it'd be great.
2. Guests were smoking on my non-smoking floor, to the extent that the corridor was blue with the haze. And generally there is a smell of smoke throughout the hotel. I don't know what the hotel can do about this in the short term, since it is probably a general issue in Egypt. One suggestion could be to segregate linens and pillows by smoking and non-smoking.

Room Tip: Try to avoid street-facing rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
Nara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was in a serious trouble in Cairo.
I found it at City Stars and asked for a help at the reception of this hotel, which was next to the shopping centre.
Even though I did not stay at the hotel, and just asked for a help, they warmely helped me a lot!
Especially, concierge, Mr. Mohamed Said was helpful with his big smile.
You can trust this hotel and will probably have a good time at this hotel with their good service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very warm and helpful staff, good food, excellent service and a very friendly and warm atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and clean. Overall a very nice experience. The location is very convenient as the hotel is close to City Stars Mall and also the airport, and the restaurants are very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We thought we was lucky in this hotel which was in a brilliant location adjacent to the Citystars shopping centre. The nice friendly front desk staff adds to the value. The rooms were clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed. The T.V. had more than 100 international channels. The breakfast was amazing and delicious. The gym was very useful with its swimming pool. However when I reported the faulty shaver point in the bathroom it was never repaired. We were not happy with the room services. The last day of our stay the bathroom was left in a mess with hand towels not changed and left untidy and the soap tray was left untidy. No body wash gel was left For the last two days the tea-making facility was not attended or re-filled. We thought those services were essential and must be considered in such a highly reputable hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Very poor food menu portions, and quality .fries is second degree, and cold it was white, deserts were terrible only 3 juices available and the place is dull. Had to ask for check for 3 times . Didnt try the rooms

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Reem G,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip in Nov 2012 and therefore did not have much time to enjoy the room, restaurant or explore the city :-(. Anyway, the location is very safe and handy, close to the airport (about 10minutes, but can take much longer during famous Cairo rush hour), the room was fine, reasonably large, wifi working..., one claim - I was accomodated on the smoking floor (nonsmokig room was not available at that time) which was disappointing. Other then that, the hotel is nice, breakfast is great, staff helpful, next door really large shopping mall full of shops and restaurants..., I will stay in this hotel again in case I return to Cairo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a marvelous time at our Hotel; it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us how we are doing and so I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry though that you were not fortunate with a non-smoking room as your preference but I am sure if you book ahead we will make sure you have it for your next visit which I hope is soon.

All the best.

Mohamed B. Ibrahim
Khartoum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As a mentioned in the title this hotel one of the rare hotels I been in it is homey feeling.
I felt like homey with the kind of treatment and customer service which I considered one of the best in Ciro.
My special thankful to Mohammed in concierge, this guy is really an assets to Holiday Inn he made my stay a piece of pleasure with endless smile and immediate support and help even I'm a demand-able guest.
About rooms I stayed at room 521 from Dec 24th to Dec 26th, the room was amazing, clean, comfortable although its a little bit small but workable.
For sure I'll be at Holiday Inn next time due to Mohammed from concierge and incredible customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn - Citystars? Share your experiences!