“A favorite at Le Pacha” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 3,909 Restaurants in Cairo
4.5 of 5 stars 56 Reviews
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: LE PACHA 1901 WINNER OF BEST RESTAURANTS IN EGYPT EXCELLENCE AWARD & Top 5 Best Restaurants in the Middle East & Africa Award.A landmark of the Nile River, Le Pacha 1901 is also one of Cairo's premier dining and entertainment venues. Enjoy traditional Egyptian cuisine as well as Italian, Japanese, Asian, French and Indian delicacies prepared for you by our talented chefs. Originally a floating palace from the turn of the century, Le Pacha was transformed into a magical place featuring 10 fabulous restaurants and several function rooms that offer delicious international cuisines, first class service and spectacular views of the Nile and the city. Located in Zamalek, Le Pacha 1901 commands a stellar reputation for efficient and tailored catering and delivery & takeaway menus.
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“A favorite at Le Pacha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Le Pacha boat in Zamalek generally houses quite a few excellent restaurants, and this is one of them. Their chicken with dijon mustard is excellent, and if you're a desert lover, don't leave without trying one.

Visited July 2012

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
“Famous Place Good Value for your Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Famous restaurant in Cairo, on the Nile River, Le Pacha 1901 is a good choice for dinning dining and entertainment. A floating boat was transformed into a place with many restaurants for international cuisines.Was there twice in the italian, mezze was available as apetizer too. Food was good and service excellent, great value for your money.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not up to Expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have been to a few restaurants on the Le Pacha 1901 boat, which have all been outstanding, so I must admit that I had high expectations of this also being a delicious venue too. My first impression of the decor was disappointing, very 1980's pseudo bistro with dark red UPVC seats etc. It was also cold and draughty, being a very cold day and the restaurant was running its cold air conditioning at the same time. Most guests were sitting in their jackets and coats but for me this is not a pleasure when dining out at all. In fairness the waiter turned on some warm air when we asked him too and it warmed up quickly. But the view was nice and most of the staff were welcoming and gave efficient service. We just had a salad to start which was a bit disappointing as unlike the Egyptian or Mediterranean salads which are all chopped beautifully into small pieces and mixed together, this salad was just piled up in an off putting way, e.g. whole lettuce leafs stacked one on top of the other, sliced tomatoes all grouped together on another part of the plate, and big slices of cucumber in another separate part etc. OK....salads and salad presentation are a matter of choice but this was very much the salad presentation of Britain in the 1950's before presentation and size mattered and in the days when good old salt and vinegar were the norm, rather than the delicious sauces most restaurants make today. This salad also came without a dressing and when I asked if there was any salad dressing, it was just dumped bad tempered on the table by a particular waiter, who remained surly and unhelpful throughout, although the other waiters were friendly and helpful. The three small beefsteaks that arrived, with accompaniments came with 3 delicious sauces that were absolutely wonderful, and had they been more generous sizes, and if all the staff had been welcoming, we would definitely be going back again (although not for the salad!). But during the time we were eating, making pleasant conversation, the bad tempered waiter suddenly came and asked if we wanted more water. When I said politely 'no thanks' he asked 'why not?' in a belligerent and rude way. I explained that we had enough, as we also had glasses of juice on the table and he said that the water didn't cost much in a disparaging way, the implication being I suppose that we were worried about paying the extra money. The money wasn't an issue but his attitude certainly was and what about people who genuinely couldn't afford much there? He has no right to make them feel uncomfortable or miserable. We ignored his thumping things on the table as best we could so that we didn't spoil our evening out, though I now wish we had complained to the manager before we left. I didn't at the time as I didn't want to make trouble for him, but I definitely would next time for the sake of others coming there after me. Finally we had a chocolate dessert which was so rich that it left me wanting cream (which was unavailable) to tone it down a bit, or to sweeten it a little as it was made from bitter dark chocolate. The bill was very expensive and I left feeling shortchanged and wishing I had gone to one of the other delicious restaurants on Le Pacha instead, where we usually go. Having said that, a member of our family thought that the steak and sauce was the nicest he tasted anywhere and he didn't mind the lack of dressing on the salad as he was on a diet, and he said he would definitely go back there, even given the waiter's behaviour. He even liked the decor which I was disappointed with for such an expensive restaurant. As far as the food was concerned, maybe I just went on an off day as so many people have recommended this restaurant to me but at the moment, I am in no hurry to go back there again.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Good food, classy setting, reasonable prices. Highly recommended .

Cairo, Egypt
“Enjoy a delecious juisy steak over the nile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The food and service are fantastic. The view of the nile is gorgious. The internal decoration is formal and classic. The prices are suitable for what you get

Visited November 2011