In this hotel you get what you pay for and much more. Do not forget you are booking a budget hotel, if you want luxury things, you should pay 200€/night and go to another place in Cairo but you won't have what was the best experience of the three hotels i've been in Egypt.
All the staff is really friendly and make you feel like home, e.g. when I arrived early in the morning i did not have enough L.E. to pay the 2 nights and no problems, they told me 'you can pay whenever you want' so I do not understand he bad comments about the money.
When I asked for the tour to Giza they put me in contact with Mr. Ahmed Essan. I explained that I was traveling alone he explained to me step by step how to reach the pyramids and other tourist attractions in Cario. Also that evening I shared tee, olives and cheese with him in the terrace.
About the hotel:
- Location: the 6th floor of an old building in the center, once you open the door of the elevator if you had bad feeling all of them will go away, it is like entering in the egyptian museum, all the big momuments of the ancient Egypt are decorating the walls
- Rooms: Big room with air conditioning and bathroom, the only reason why I'm not giving a 100% is because the furniture is old but they are renovating the rooms in the main floor so prob. that will change soon.
- Staff: The best, Mahmud and Mr Ahmed helped me a lot and we had very nice conversations during the evening in the terrace. They ask you if everything is ok every time you cross them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The open air roof garden is only one of the attractive features of this budget hotel. It's a legend among budget travelers and is still one of the cheapest places available in Cairo. The nice roof garden is divided into different parts. Every part resembles different culture of Egyptian life. The restaurant, open 24 hours, has an oriental sitting area, a water fountain and a billiard table free for the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your New Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.