“Really nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 129 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Really nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

In this hotel you get what you pay for and much more. Do not forget you are booking a budget hotel, if you want luxury things, you should pay 200€/night and go to another place in Cairo but you won't have what was the best experience of the three hotels i've been in Egypt.

All the staff is really friendly and make you feel like home, e.g. when I arrived early in the morning i did not have enough L.E. to pay the 2 nights and no problems, they told me 'you can pay whenever you want' so I do not understand he bad comments about the money.

When I asked for the tour to Giza they put me in contact with Mr. Ahmed Essan. I explained that I was traveling alone he explained to me step by step how to reach the pyramids and other tourist attractions in Cario. Also that evening I shared tee, olives and cheese with him in the terrace.

About the hotel:

- Location: the 6th floor of an old building in the center, once you open the door of the elevator if you had bad feeling all of them will go away, it is like entering in the egyptian museum, all the big momuments of the ancient Egypt are decorating the walls

- Rooms: Big room with air conditioning and bathroom, the only reason why I'm not giving a 100% is because the furniture is old but they are renovating the rooms in the main floor so prob. that will change soon.

- Staff: The best, Mahmud and Mr Ahmed helped me a lot and we had very nice conversations during the evening in the terrace. They ask you if everything is ok every time you cross them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Is been so lovely and great lodging at New Palace Hotel. This is not ”Never" a wrong bargain staying here. These guys will help you out, in any kind of need both personal is you allow them.
Great Environment, Nice location and excellent hospitality skills. Dr Ahmed and his staffs are down to earth to provide all you need to make your trip/ stay in New Palace a memorable stay always ready to help and assist.

I have been in New Palace for seven weeks now, am a student on transit to Latvia but needed to pick my documents from Cairo to school but due to some delays, I had to exceed my expected stay in Cairo. To my surprise, when I told Dr Ahmed the situation of things " That I have exceeded my accommodation budget and I have only my flight money to school and a small money for my feeding left for the remaining weeks/days to stay". To my surprise he offered me a free accommodation in the hotel for the remaining weeks left for my documents to be approved. I was really surprise to have such an offer.

New Palace is more like a home. At night the "Roof" coffee shop is open for everyone and you have the opportunity to relate with other guests and Dr Ahmad, to share your experiences.

Room Tip: Excellent environment, rooms, services, nice location is at the heart of the downtown Cairo and a sa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you want a home away from home when you're travelling, with the most wonderful, funny and helpful staff, comfortable rooms, great location and to meet the best man in Egypt (the hotel manager), then look no further than New Palace hotel. We arrived at 3am, just 4 girls and the staff made us feel immediately safe, secure and excited to be there, wasting no time to get our holiday going and helped us arrange everything from travel to food. Honestly, this hotel has everything you could wish for and more, especially with the budget prices. The rooftop terrace is a great place to socialize, unwind and eat food. Will definitely book this place again and recommend it to anyone from families to backpackers, its AMAZING!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This my first time of travelling outside my country Nigeria to cairo for some personal stuffs. The rooms are perfect , clean A/C fitted rooms, with hot and cold water bath as desired and 24 hours Wifi internet. Dr Ahmad and his staff has been like a family to me in a foregin land where I knew no one. This my 4th day in New Palace Hotel I'm enjoying every bit of my stay in the hotel.

Regards,
Uju

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is just out right AMAZING. we arrived at 3AM with no reservation. They were able to find us rooms & on top of this they completely organized our entire Egyption Experience, in just a meir couple hours. So when we woke up that morning we didn't waste a min. Also there's a great quick breakfast in the morning to help you jump start your day! The staff all absolutely amazing... No matter what we needed they were also was able to supply. So if your wondering wheather or not to book this Hotel, let me make it simple for you JUST DO IT!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 3-4 days. I was however unfortunate enough to be ill during my stay in Cairo, but luckily the beds were comfy and the air conditioning and fan worked perfectly! The staff was also very hospitable and helpful in whatever we needed to do, to get food to our room and general advice on the city. In addition the owner was a doctor and he could give me some medical advice.

The hotel is located in the heart of Cairo and the staff has the heart of the Egyptian hospitality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The hostel is located right downtown which means it is really easy to get to the Egyptian Museum and Tahrir Square, as well as busy shopping and restaurant streets. The hotel has a roof terrace where a slight breeze can be enjoyed in the evening and where breakfast is served. The rooms are clean and aircon and fans were all working. However, the most recommendable thing about this hostel is how helpful all the staff were. They were genuinely concerned about the well-being, safety and enjoyment of their guests. My sister who had a stomach bug was even given a check-up and medicines by the owner, Dr Ahmed, who is also a practising doctor. Perfect service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to New Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!