“In the chaos thank goodness there is Havana” 4 of 5 stars

Havana Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Syria St | Mohandseen, Cairo 12411, Egypt   |
Ranked #31 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Mississauga, Canada
“In the chaos thank goodness there is Havana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

LOVED the free airport transfer. Loved the emails we could communicate with. Very friendly and helpful.In the chaos of Cairo thank goodness there is Havana. It was good to have a trusty staff where we lived here. Thank you.

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SwissInn C, Manager at Havana Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Tasneam ,

Thank you so much for your kind words , It's a pleasure to have you as a guest at our Hotel , we hope to see you again soon .

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This March I've been spending 10 nights with my colleges in Hotel Havanna.
We arrived pretty late to Cairo airport, but they sent a nice big van for FREE!
The staff is great, very helpful and polite! The management is flexible, the included lunch could be transfered to dinner, etc.

The rooms are Ok, nothing special but clean. The only negative thing is worth mentioning is the noisy old air conditioning box, outside our window.

The dinner is fine, mainly arabic food is served.

All in all, I would definitely choose that again.
Also need to be mentioned that the district (Mohandessen) is safe and was far from the riots. ;)

Mátyás

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

When I came there I had to use their computers when I first arrived. They had desktops with an older keyboard. I had to print off some documents and when I asked to have them printed, they never got around to it. I never could print off anything and I had to see a lawyer the next day.

The room was a disappointment. The bed was cozy enough, but I didn't like the decoration. There was a deep iron mark in the carpet (someone had left an iron on too long and left an imprint) and it was not very welcoming. The decorations were not attractive for a hotel. I had one decent sized bed and one small one - why I have no idea? The curtains were closed and when I looked out, I saw a building next to it and some garbage outside the window. It's not really Havana's fault about the other building, but I'm just saying I had no view.

I was disappointed for the shower arrangement. I had no hot water. It was barely warm and I like taking warm showers. They are not generous with shampoo and no conditioner, etc...even the soap was very small. I would say bring your own travel items if you want to stay at this hotel. The closet space was big enough but no pant hangers - just plastic shirt hangers. There was no iron, and no hairdryer. There was a small fridge. The tv was okay...they show Nile Sat of course. You cannot park in the garage so no parking. If you are driving plan on parking on the street. The dining hall was okay but they served no beverages??? Luckily, you can easily order out and there is Metro nearby because Havana is by a lot of restaurants. If you want to save money, this might be your choice but I was rather disappointed as this was my first time in the area. Also, they have no pool or fitness center if you are looking for this. It's a very basic hotel.

Room Tip: I would say look at the rooms BEFORE you pay. They have trouble with the air conditioners as well. S...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Osama A, General Manager at Havana Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Madam. Jennifer ,
we are so sorry for the misunderstanding & for not meeting your satisfaction , but i want ti clarify some points to you :

- About the printer we didn't leave your husband in that day & one of our employee was with him & he helped him & he already printed 6 papers.

- About the decoration, we already have a website that contains manyy photos for the hotel and the rooms and contains all the information that you need to know about our hotel & you should have seen it before you come.

- i want to tell you that we have a hot water & there's no problem in our air conditioners but it may be happen as a rare case & in that case why you didn't tell us , we sent a welcome letter to your husband & we ask in that letter to tell us if there's any problem.

- There's no iron at the room because we have a laundry , and the fridge it's a normal one in every hotel like us , about the garage there's a garage next to us & almost most of our guests deal with it.

- we don't have a pool or fitness center because we are a 3 stars hotel & in all Egypt there's no 3 stars hotel h ave a pool or fitness center.

At the end i want to apologize to you & you need to know that the days when you was here not normal as usual because it was before the revolution of 30 June & the situation in all Egypt was not a normal, So we are so sorry again & we hope to see you again to enhance your opinion about us.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was there 11 days in june 2013. Nice furniture, good wifi and TV, very good food and service, around quiet for Cairo, with shops, banks and restaurants. It was noisy very late in the night because of others clients.

Room Tip: Some roms are dark (not on the street) the noise is inside, not outside
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a wonderful time staying at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I would stay here again. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. Thank you again for the great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Osama A, Public Relations Manager at Havana Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr Jeff,
we do appreciate your positive comment and we had the honor to accomodate you in havana .
Current City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here a few months ago, but forgot to review it. Havana Hotel was a pretty good experience for me. The only issue I had was with both beds in the room because they weren't too comfortable and they were a bit noisy. Aside from that the hotel was nice. Water was comfortably warm and hot in the shower, rooms were comfortable, good selection of channels on their TV. The breakfast was okay. All of the staff members I came across were courteous, helpful, and basically very nice. The location was also good. Many restaurants and cafes within walking distance. Whenever I visit Cairo again, this will be the place to stay without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during the xmas holidays.
We found everything perfectly good at the hotel. We had 2 rooms both of good sizes and nice and clean.
Good breakfast in the morning.
Great help from the reception staff when our taxi to the Sinai that we had booked ourselves in Tahrir Square arrived and wasn't big enough!
We liked the area with good shops, great places to eat nearby and felt very safe.
We would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Havana Hotel? Share your experiences!