Five night stay. This is an outstanding hotel. It is new, and the pool and gym are not ready (so we have to go to the pool at the nearby Conrad in a complimentary car, or to a temporary gym put into a hotel room). But the service more than compensates for these. The staff is super attentive without being intrusive. The Fairmont perks - super beds and super showers - are here.
Cairo is beautiful and quaint, but can be intimidating for first-timers, with wild taxi rides and fares that you have to haggle, felucca rides that can take you far out in the river and not return unless you pay extra, and so on. But the Fairmont staff makes these issus disappear, by making sure we get reputable operators without paying exhorbitant prices.
I was at the Four Seasons Nile City briefly, but it was much much more crowded. I was also at the Conrad and Grand Hyatt, and but these were much worse: older facilities, poorer service. My personal assessment is that the Fairmont is the top hotel in Cairo.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel Cairo
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Fairmont Nile City. Modern luxury. Ancient Wonders.On the banks of the famed Nile River, the city of Cairo—“The Triumphant” in Arabic—is the center of Egyptian culture and commerce. Here, civilizations have met for centuries, and Cairo today offers a rich diversity of contrasts. Modern architecture and ancient mosques. Urban sparkle and restful natural beauty. Business and leisure. And there’s no better way to experience the majesty of the city and its history than through the gracious hospitality of Fairmont Nile City, Cairo hotel. Like the city itself, Fairmont Nile City offers a delightful series of contrasts. Equipped with the most advanced design and technology to serve the needs of the discerning traveler, this luxury Cairo hotel is also intimately attuned to its surroundings.With sweeping panoramas of the Nile River, and views of the Pyramids in the distance, Cairo’s natural beauty and ancient history are always in sight. Added to this panoply of wonders are special features such as culinary adventures at the city’s finest restaurants, a chance to bask in the sunshine or under the stars at our unique rooftop poolside sky bar, and truly indulgent, full-service treatments at our Willow Stream Spa—all ensuring that each and every visit to Fairmont Nile City, Cairo is certain to be an experience that is memorable and utterly magnificent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Fairmont Cairo, Nile City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.