I stayed at the Fairmont Hotel while on short business trip to Cairo, a city in which I used to live and work for a long period of time.
the security situation in Cairo is not at it is best, taking into consideration the last heated couple of weeks/months. Nevertheless staying at the Fairmont Nile City (Even though it is not located in Zamalek- what is considered as the safe haven in Cairo) will make you feel secure due the security measures that are being taken at the entrance of the hotel. Nobody likes the security measures, but when it is done with a smile, that will give you a sense of relaxation.
i guess, i can easily say that, i had one of my quickest check ins and check outs in any given hotel that i stayed in. the staff are quite supportive, responsive and helpful.
I used the concierge services for a pick up from the airport, and the service was extraordinary, i urge any potential guest to use it, as it comes with a minimal extra, but totally worth it.
the decoration of the rooms are not usual for a hotel, but will not make you feel uncomfortable. The bathroom is spacious and well equipped, and the most important is the room service, I was entering my room everyday, as if i am entering it the day i checked in, everything is in the right place, nothing missing, and your stuff are neat and well placed.
its location will allow you to have a perfect view of the Nile, but the down side is that there nothing around the hotel on walking distance. but at the same time all of Cairo attractions (except the pyramids) can be reached in a 5 minutes taxi ride (traffic congestion included) and for a tariff not exceeding couple of dollars.
overall, it was an enjoyable stay, and i will definitely reconsider Fairmont for my future visits to Cairo.
N.B. this was my first time i stay in a hotel outside the Zamalek, and i can confirm that i don't regret it.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel Cairo
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Fairmont Nile City. Modern luxury. Ancient Wonders.On the banks of the famed Nile River, the city of Cairo—“The Triumphant” in Arabic—is the center of Egyptian culture and commerce. Here, civilizations have met for centuries, and Cairo today offers a rich diversity of contrasts. Modern architecture and ancient mosques. Urban sparkle and restful natural beauty. Business and leisure. And there’s no better way to experience the majesty of the city and its history than through the gracious hospitality of Fairmont Nile City, Cairo hotel. Like the city itself, Fairmont Nile City offers a delightful series of contrasts. Equipped with the most advanced design and technology to serve the needs of the discerning traveler, this luxury Cairo hotel is also intimately attuned to its surroundings.With sweeping panoramas of the Nile River, and views of the Pyramids in the distance, Cairo’s natural beauty and ancient history are always in sight. Added to this panoply of wonders are special features such as culinary adventures at the city’s finest restaurants, a chance to bask in the sunshine or under the stars at our unique rooftop poolside sky bar, and truly indulgent, full-service treatments at our Willow Stream Spa—all ensuring that each and every visit to Fairmont Nile City, Cairo is certain to be an experience that is memorable and utterly magnificent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, Otel, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairmont Cairo, Nile City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.