Stayed there with my family for 4 nights. The hotel was very nice, and staff were helpful and friendly. A few small problems we had:
1 - We asked for a small extra bed for our child, but it was not ready when we checked in
2 - the first night, we asked for them to change the sheets in 1 of the beds, it did not seem to be clean
3 - this is my biggest complaint. This hotel could not exchange my USD for me, the bank they have in the basement does not open until 9:30 and we are out sightseeing by that time. They don't have a automated exchange machine like Sofitel does, which I can exchange money 24/7. This is the first time I have seen any 5 star hotel not able to exchange USD at the front desk. Maybe it's the norm in Egypt?
4 - internet connection was not good. When I sit at the desk in the room, the WIFI keeps on dropping out. It seems to be ok when you sit near the front the room.
All and all, the hotel is nice. The resturant (Napa) had good food. Just need to improve on a few things.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel Cairo
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Fairmont Nile City. Modern luxury. Ancient Wonders.On the banks of the famed Nile River, the city of Cairo—“The Triumphant” in Arabic—is the center of Egyptian culture and commerce. Here, civilizations have met for centuries, and Cairo today offers a rich diversity of contrasts. Modern architecture and ancient mosques. Urban sparkle and restful natural beauty. Business and leisure. And there’s no better way to experience the majesty of the city and its history than through the gracious hospitality of Fairmont Nile City, Cairo hotel. Like the city itself, Fairmont Nile City offers a delightful series of contrasts. Equipped with the most advanced design and technology to serve the needs of the discerning traveler, this luxury Cairo hotel is also intimately attuned to its surroundings.With sweeping panoramas of the Nile River, and views of the Pyramids in the distance, Cairo’s natural beauty and ancient history are always in sight. Added to this panoply of wonders are special features such as culinary adventures at the city’s finest restaurants, a chance to bask in the sunshine or under the stars at our unique rooftop poolside sky bar, and truly indulgent, full-service treatments at our Willow Stream Spa—all ensuring that each and every visit to Fairmont Nile City, Cairo is certain to be an experience that is memorable and utterly magnificent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Fairmont Cairo, Nile City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.