“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was going to stay for more than a month but i could not take it for more than two days, specially when i killed a Cockroach while walking next to me on the bed, and you HAVE to call the reception MANY times to get your towels or anything else.. ITS BAD!! i would not give it a star how-come its 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three days last summer it was awesome, staff are really friendly and helpful, prices are reasonable even the tourism wasn't that good in Egypt that time the food was so good and fresh everyday. Moreover the hotel location is so good in the heart of Cairo surrounded by so many clubs, coffeshops and nice restaurants

Room Tip: Rooms are quite mine wasn't looking to the street so it was quite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
North Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I thoroughly advise against anyone staying at this so-called 'four star' hotel. It has the feel of a very poorly-managed three star hotel, at best. The decor is very tired, and cleanliness is an issue throughout the hotel. There are still broken windows at the front of the hotel from the riots which broke out a few months ago now. You'd think there would have been time to get them fixed!

The buffet breakfast is a joke; I ended up eating breakfast in my room towards the end of my stay because I got tired of looking at the same recycled, dried-up, poor-quality food every morning. Nobody in my party thought the breakfast was enjoyable.

The main problem for me was the fact that things 'went missing' from our party's rooms during our stay. This included cash, medication, and even clothing! Someone went through my roommate's bag at one point, and I was sure someone had been snooping in mine too. This from a housekeeping staff who beg for tips almost every time they do their job, and then complain that the tip you give them isn't enough!

The safe in the room was already locked upon arrival (contrary to what it should have been), as was the safe in at least one other colleague's room.

When we reported the problem of things going missing to the front staff it was met with a lack of interest and a certain amount of hostility. Nothing was done. The housekeeping staff gave us glaring looks for several days after this.

The gym staff arbitrarily lie to guests about having to pay to use the pool as well. One staff member will tell you it is free, the next will say you need to pay 40 Egyptian pounds.

Room service is also painfully slow, and they will often turn up with only part of what you ordered.

On top of all this, the hotel actually has the audacity to charge $US170 per night to stay there!

The location is right in the centre of Cairo, which, if you are making frequent visits to Tahrir Square or the museum, is the only positive side of staying at this hotel. Having said that, the hotel is about a 45 min taxi ride from the Pyramids, which is not particularly close by.

Avoid this hotel like one of the 10 plagues...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I never see such a bad hotel in all my life. Even the most poor hotel is better. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Please go there only if you really do not have any other alternative. This is the list of the problem I faced during 3 days of stay: (1) the key may not enter the lock of the main door: I have to spend 30-40 seconds each time I want to enter the room; (2) the first day, in the batheroom there was only one shower towel; I asked at the reception to have one hands towel and one carpet to exit the thumb and they brought me a roll of paper toilet; (3) when arrived, the room furinure and the bathroom were completely full of dust, since the 2 days before my arrival there had been a storm. (4) once closing the door of toilet, the handle remains in my hand and I could not open the door anymore: they repaired during my absence; (5) the second day, when sit on the toilet, a huge quantity of dirty water has fallen from the roof, till I was completely wet: I could not attend a business meeting bacause my business attire was damaged. (6) My room was in front of the hotel: it was terribly noise because the "standard" Cairo traffic rumors enter in the room fron the weak window and I could hardly sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the AL NABILA in Cairo during the end of a long tour, the hotel had been arranged by the tour group company.

The intial impression was "its OK but not as nice as the OASIS " which we stayed at during the start of the tour.

Its located on the WEST BANK of the NILE on a very busy road. There are NO public crossing points or traffic lights so crossing the three lanes on each side is pretty much taking your life into your own hands. Annoying as there is a COSTA (coffee chain) and Mcdonalds over the road.

The rooms are clean, but (as per another review here) there were no towels until we asked for them. Additionally after having our room cleaned we had to wait for the towels to come back from the cleaning - no spares apparently!

Breakfast was very disappointing. We had to repeatedly ask for cutlery. Jam was "on the tables" which meant you had to search for jam across the entire dining floor area, and glasses were apparently in short supply. The juice was not fresh, and there were ice cubes in the dispenser - no idea if they were local water (Cairo water is highly chlorinated and not good for a foreigner to drink). The selection of breakfast foods was very poor in comparison to other places we stayed in Cairo/Aswan/Luxor, just one type of cereal, no fresh fruit etc.

They don't seem very "tourist helpful", you have to ask specifically for anything, rather than the concierge desk offering you a tourist map or a hotel "card".

I recommend that when you get there you ask for a "hotel business card". Keep it in your wallet, and then you can show this to any Cario Taxi Driver as its in English and Arabic. A fare from even the EAST BANK area will cost no more than 20 egyptian pounds.

They had ONE single computer for visitors in a room near receiption. Its functional but there was no working printer. You have to pay for time buying tokens from reception.

• Stayed October 2010
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I was in Cairo for 1 month for official visit. Other than work we enjoyed a lot in Cairo. During our journey we stayed in Al-Nabila which is at Mohandussen in the heart of Cairo,about 2 km from Nile. Except cleanliness all was well in Hotel. Also as it was in middle of City ,noise was still there in rooms even in nights. Near nabila you have many things available like McDonald,Nike, KFC, Barista,Pizza Hut and many more things so will have everything you desire in a city. Al-Nabila has also a night club so you don't need to go in any other night club. As this season was Summers in Cairo so rate were year time high at Al-Nabila otherwise rates are moderate here for about 80-100 USD. So get ready for Journey friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
na
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

We stayed at the Al Nabila hotel for one night in Cario. We were on a tour (with On the Go) so this hotel was selected for us.

The hotel is decent and clean. Rooms were confortable and clean according to egyptian standards. The only drawback is that the hotel faces a main road so traffic could be heard at night.

Location wise great as there is many restaurants and cafes near by. A really good restaurant near by is El Omida - serves great egyptian food.

Breakfast was included for us, and typical spread of egyptian specialties, as well as cereal, eggs and bread.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Al Nabila Cairo Hotel? Share your experiences!