“Simply, Intercontinental in everything” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
4.5 of 5 stars 635 Reviews
Alexandria, Egypt
“Simply, Intercontinental in everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Visited the hotel for business accommodation, for sure it's one of the best hotels in Cairo, best location, adjacent to the best classy shopping in Cairo, rooms are clean and organized, but I was surprised to find empty mini bar!!!
Reception is awesome, one of the best lobbies I had ever seen, spacious and full of attractions, staff are smiley and welcoming.
For sure I would recommend the hotel for friends, even if I hadn't checked in, because simply this is intercontinental's minimum...

Room Tip: Rooms on East side are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Mr. Mohamed,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback to let us know about your experience at InterContinental Cairo Citystars. Thank you for recommending our hotel and to share such a great review. As for the issues you encountered with the Minibar, your comment has been noted and an action will be taken to make sure this incident will not reoccur. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed your time at our hotel's facilities and services. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Khaled.Shafik@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have been to this place many times and I can clearly tell you that its amazing.
The most important part of it all is the service provided, and the well managed staff. They are very well trained, as I have been showing up monthly for the past 2 years and the service did not change once. Always greeted with a wide smile from Nada Emad and Nardeen, and the best manager Roger.
Roger has performed exactly what a manager should do in any incident that has got up or even by silently smiling from far away " everything is fine "

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear GAbouS,

Greetings from InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
We are delighted to read your great review and we would like to thank you for the time to write it.
It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the services provided by our Front desk team.
Your kind words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team to continue providing the best service experience.
Thank you once again for your time in posting in TripAdvisor. We look very forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed in this nice hotel using the club lounge

the employees were very friendly and helpful

I was staying at room 1425 then 1402

I want to thank specially ms AYAA and ms nancy both were so welcoming and always smiling

also mr sherif in the restaurant only one problem was in the business room as the printer and mouse and key board were not working it took some time to mend then I think there were no previous checking is made (the mouse for example was missing the battaries it took one hour to get them

Room Tip: corner suites are large and well furnished always use club floors better service more comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Atef,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback to let us know about your experience at InterContinental Cairo Citystars. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our services and facilities.

As for the issues you encountered, your comments have been noted and an action will be taken to make sure this incident will not reoccur.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I usually stay at the intercontinental citystars for at least a week per month.
My last stay was very good. Late last year my stays were just ok... But it improved since.
Staff is very friendly, helpful and descrete. Great housekeeping staff member called Hany, very polite, great at making sure the room is very clean ...with a smile.
Very convenient hotel next to a mall.
Good facilities, though gym might need some discipline... People talking on the phone etc...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Badr,

I would like to thank your loyalty to our hotel chain and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is always very rewarding when we receive positive comments as such from our honored guests.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our level of service and professional team, we always strive to provide comfortable accommodation and guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Rude and Unsafe:
For almost two years, I have continuously observed members of the gym violate every posted rule, from using cell phones, using the benches and equipment as lounge chairs, abusing the machines, and dropping free weights. I have reported this situation a score of times, and there has been absolutely no improvements. In fact, the ever-present and multiple staff at the gym appear to encourage this behavior. The staff will frequently (daily) coach and assist a member who will drop (or throw) a weight from hip or shoulder height. The hotel staff and management are totally disinterested and unresponsive to my appeals for safety and decent behavior. One response of the staff was to simply remove the posted rules and permit any form of disrespectful and dangerous behavior to flourish.

Room Tip: Rude and Unsafe
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear KwajFrank,

I would like to seize the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience encountered during your last stay with us.

Your comments about the gym facility has been noted and immediate action will be taken to rectify any shortfalls. Your review is very valuable to us as we believe that we can only improve and ameliorate our services through guest feedback, accordingly I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing this review.

I hope that will not deter you from continuing using our facilities in the future. Looking forward welcoming you back soon to InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I read recently some bad reviews for this hotel, i was surprised as i was a regular to intercont semiramis and citystars, but didn't visited any of these since a couple of years. After my last stay of 2 days this week, i ENJOYED the intercont hospitality with the refines arabic hospitality touch. recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank you for sharing such nice review on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted to know that you enjoy our facilities as we always pride ourselves on the highest level of guest satisfaction.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback and for recommending our hotel.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

A good quality intercontinental hotel. My stay was worthy of re review because Heba Salah Aluu Eid on the 9th floor made sure my room was clean and tidy everyday and always smiled. Good service is what makes a good stay. Thank you.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear WombleYorkshire,

Thank you for sharing such nice review on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our level of service.

InterContinental Citystars always pride itself on the highest level of guest satisfaction and I am glad we were able to make your visit enjoyable and memorable.

Your feedback will be shared with the concerned team member as a reinforcement to continue the efforts and make it the best hotel in town.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Khaled.Shafik@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Citystars Cairo? Share your experiences!