“there is only one choice in Egypt” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #13 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“there is only one choice in Egypt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

From being met off the plane by their driver, guided through customs and whisked to the hotel, I couldn’t ask for a better start on my first trip to Egypt. no hassle no queues, simple and easy

The hotel is new, luxurious, friendly with superb amenities; the rooms are spacious, well appointed, good TV, all the sports, I enjoyed the assortment of restaurants also, the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home welcome and valued.
Located next to a modern shopping centre.
My only comment is Cairo Airport (old terminal) lets down Egpyt, queues and queues and queues, followed by poor and inadequate services.

Room Tip: Be an IHG member
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience on Tripadvisor, and for recommending our hotel.

I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our restaurants and location.

Please note that I will share with the team your comments which are very motivating.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon,

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
Guayaquil, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is a 5 star, no dobut...but when it comes to charges, is more like a 10 star....let me exemplify:

I had to make an emergency call to a 800 number in the US due to my CC being blocked, i needed to purchase a ticket...so instead of going out to the mall and use any of the several wifi to connect via my cell, i rush to the business centre at the hotel, made a 15 minute phone call to such 800 number and was charged close to 100usd............

I spoke to the manager and he told me the best he can do was to make a discount of 20%.....so the most expensive phone call of my life was made out of this hotel....to an 800 number....go figure. And note that all this places have us numbers, is not like they are dialing overseas, if so 800 numbers wouldnt connect, and even if they do...how much can the cots per minute be?

I just think that in this day and age to make such an outrage charge for something u can basically do for free with several online phone call options is not right, this hotel doesnt need to abuse its guests like this since the place is nice and room prices are worth what they offer....

For this i wouldnt recommend this hotel nor i saty here again,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Mr. Juanecu,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor to make us aware of the service and quality issues you encountered.

Reference to the United States phone call charges, I regret to inform you that International calls’ system is entirely an automatic process and once the call starts it calculates by itself and drops the charges, after that it cannot be modified.

Thank you again and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I would like to say a BIG thank you to all for such an enjoyable stay at your hotel. All of you made me so welcome and were kind and helpful .
the assistant front office manager Mr WESSAM ASHOUSH came and greet me at reception , you can read through his face features a high degree of confidence & the great meanings of hospitality , staff so friendly always ready to help , Concierge very helpful .
Marvellous hotel and amazing staff who knows well how to make you happy and satisfied!
many thanks for Mr AHMED AZMY EXECUTIVE MANAGER , WITH GREAT CHARISMATIC LEADER SPIRIT ,
Everyone I met at the intercontinental hotel was friendly, helpful and always had a smile on their face ,The hotel was a real home from home. Thank to the high standard of your hotel and the friendliness of your staff. Tks for providing such a welcoming hospitable and friendly reception.

the room ( SUITE) is very clean and extremely comfortable, great lobby, lounges and restaurants. Their service is great and their room quality is super.
Everything is really perfect (resturants , spa , indoor & outdoor pool , rooms , service ........ etc)

The hotel itself is gorgeous the housekeeping service is impeccable This is one of my very favorite hotels in the world .

really it was very nice stay with this team in this hotel i recommended this hotel for all the guests to use it , I would definitely stay there again.
greeting for Mr MARCO GAZAL , G.R.Manager ,With all respect to Miss NANCY NASHAAT and Miss NARDINE NADER G RELATION OFFICER , regards to Mr MOUHAMED MOSTAFA , assistant fr office manager & Mr ADEL DUTY manager , and the full gratitude for chef BASSAM BOULOS & for Mr omar bahgat, iman mouenes, and samar , from F&B Esplanade rest . Close your eyes. Imagine elegant, gracious living at its finest.Open your eyes. You’re home @ BELLINI Mr NABIL enthusiastic and happy person. he try to help in a polite and friendly manner.,
JOSEPHINE when walking as team ceremonies you feel your self @ presidential palace ,
ASMAA always elegant , OUMNIA greet you with gracious smile , MAMDOUH ( MANDO) You lose this wager ,you can't let me drunk , greeting for BOUTROS & MOUKBEL .
The service around the pool: superb I spent time at the pool area everyday , drinking the affordable Egyptian wines .

the standard of service, breakfast, restaurant business center, concierge, reception area, room appointments, etc. were all excellent and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending your Hotel to others or in re-booking for a return visit to cairo.

Dear GM Mr NASHAAT thank you not only to your self but to all your kind and helpful staff as well. every good wish

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Khaled S, General Manager at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Mr. George,

It is real pleasure to read your comments on TripAdvisor and all your comments are very much appreciated. I am very happy to learn that our team was up to your expectations and that you enjoy staying with us.

Your pleasant compliments were shared with all the team member you mentioned in your comments. They join me in thanking you and assuring you that no effort will be saved to make all your stays most enjoyable. The feedback you provided is extremely valuable to us and I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Please let me know if I could be of assistance to your good self at anytime and I look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Cairo Citystars in the near future.

Kind regards

Ibrahim Nashaat
Hotel Manager

Ibrahim.Nashaat@ihg.com
Az Zagazig, Ash Sharqiyah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I love staying there every year at the same month ( december ) i love the christmas tree at the reception , i like this hotel very much , clean rooms , excellent food , good service , they always respond for all my needs , it is such a great hotel with lovely stuff .. And finally i always see famous people there ( last one was queen Rania )

• Stayed December 2013
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Ms. Dina,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. It is always very pleasing to know that we have loyal guests like your kind self.

I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our rooms, restaurants, level of service & Christmas decoration in the lobby.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon again at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Director of Sales & Marketing
InterContinental Hotels Group Cairo Citystars
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. First time visit to Cairo.

Liked:
Spacious Rooms.
Staff very friendly
Lots if security
Attached to a mall
Perfect location
Free Wifi
Bathroom & Hot Water perfect.
Big TV & big windows.
Comfy bed, lovely pillows.

Disliked:
Internet disconnecting
Framed Picture on wall had a crack through the glass,
Electrical sockets falling apart.
Some parts of the carpets were stained.
Bath Tub didn't hold water in, kept draining.
Check in extremely slow,
Room Service - Beef burger wasn't upto hotel standard.
Morning Breakfast - omelet tasted like old oil and metal.

Good hotel & very popular. Excellent prices. A few minor issues.

Room 946.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Khaled,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars, I appreciate you taking the time to leave your review to let us know about your experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s Facilities, Location and Free WIFI. We always strive to provide comfortable accommodation and guest satisfaction.

Your feedback is highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I have noted your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Thank you again and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

saudi arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there during the new year holidays. It is marvilous, everything is perfect, the rooms the services the staff and the facilities, moreover it is connected to citystars mall which i really like it. One more thing, if u care about breakfast buffet, the best is in Narriot Zamalik.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Your feedback is very supporting and motivating. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed our rooms, services, staff and facilities.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

worst 5 nights in Cairo, considering that its 5 Stars hotel the service was awful i think the management is paying peanuts that they have such monkeys working there.
So many annoying things due to the unprofessional staff
For example:
I checked in at 2:00 am and the AC was not working , lights , shower , didnt find a working plug to charge my handy. So i called the the reception and they guy said one hour !
Another day :
We had a group at the hotel and at 3:00 am we asked if the lobby lounge is available and they can serve a couple of drinks , yes they said. They guy at the bar seated us and we asked for our drinks he replied that his colleague will serve us. After 20 min no one came i found another waiter roaming around and asked him if he can look for someone to serve us our drinks , and then he replied no the bar is closed !

That was my first stay at the intercontinental City stars and it will be the last.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Samer,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is highly valuable to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience encountered during your stay with us.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation at our hotel.
I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Corrective action will be taken, and the concerned employees will be coached and trained to handle such situations with more care and professionalism in the future.

Thank you again for your review and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Khaled.Shafik@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Citystars Cairo? Share your experiences!