“Magnificent visit to Cairo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #11 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Oakville, Canada
“Magnificent visit to Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to visit the Citystars in our trip to Cairo, last month. It is extraordinary hotel to spend some days in Cairo. Very elegant, very well located, and the best is the Breakfast Buffet. If you go to Cairo I strongly recommend to hire a taxi driver before arrive to avoid drawbacks. We used Mr. Omar Allan - oursweetday@yahoo.com who pick us up at the airport, and took us all the time in a safetly enviroment enjoying our Cairo visit. He is a very reliable and nice gentleman who help us all the time..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was in the middle of my stay in Cairo and had to shift hotels at a very short notice. That is when I got a chance to stay at Intercontinental city stars! This hotel is huge with some top class facilities. First and foremost, due to the current situation in Cairo, this hotel is in one of the safest areas. Has a mall connected to it (citystar mall), you dont need to go anywhere. Some very good restaurant, a casino, world-class spa and gym facilities! Really good pool-side rooms and bars. Overall a good hotel for business trips.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms were really nice! Try them out the next time you are there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear satyamjuneja,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
I am very grateful to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
Thank you for nice comments regarding the hotel, restaurants, casino , bar and the pool side rooms.
I will make sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a short business trip. Confortable hotel with very pleasant and available staff. The room (King) was clean and spacious but with no "wow" effect. But then maybe I've become a snob!

Sufficient seating in the lobby to receive guests/clients which can often prove to be a problem when on business.

The leisure facilities are top notch with a large fitness centre, spa and pool.

For those who are travelling alone, the City Stars shopping mall is a god send. With over 600 shops and plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries etc you are spoilt for choice and can easily while away those free hours between meetings. There is even a cinema. The mall rivals with many I've seen in the Emirates.

The hotel is not in the centre of Cairo of course but much nearer the airport. It took me 30 mins to get into town one morning and I think that we were lucky. It could easily have take 15-20 minutes more. I suppose it really depends on what you need.

This is not an extremely luxurious hotel but you know that you will be getting the usual level of quality and service that Interconti is known for.

Would't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Dr-Goliath,

Thank you for posting and sharing your comments about your last stay.
Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hello--
I am staying at this hotel for a long term work situation, and I have to say this is one of the friendliest and customer service I have experienced. The concierge is amazing. I had to ask for a few things because of needing rides and they have been so accommodating. Every time I need anything they have been amazing. Seriously go! They are awesome

Room Tip: Great servie
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Leigh E,

Greetings from InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
We are delighted to read your great review and we would like to thank you for the time to write it.
It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the services provided by our concierge team.
Your kind words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team to continue providing the best service experience.
Thank you once again for your time in posting in TripAdvisor. We look very forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This could be an Intercontinental anywhere in the world. It is near the Cairo airport which probably accounts for it size. If you are coming to see Cairo, this is NOT the place to stay. While the Intercontinental downtown is closed due to the Tahrir Sq. demonstrations, I heartily recommend the Sofitel El Gezirah which is perfectly located and I never felt unsafe even walking in the neighborhood. There is a 640 store mall attached to the hotel which is interesting and very crowded. The street noise during my visit was extreme as there was some sort of promotional event going on which seemed to include motorcycles racing and looud music until quite late. Not appreciated if you have an early flight the next morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ed T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
Please accept our sincere apology for the caused noise. We have contacted the mall management to avoid reoccurrences in response to your comments.
Please note that it is as well safe to walk in the hotel neighborhood and more over our concierge team will be delighted to plan all your tours.
Looking forward welcoming you back.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like this hotel. It is clean, quiet, and full of amenities. The fact of being attached to the city stars mall makes it a great destination for those who would like to have a quick trip to Cairo but avoid downtown traffic jam...I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ali_Abu_Kumail,

Thank you for recommending InterContinental Cairo Citystars in your review on Tripadvisor.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my appreciation for sharing your stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding party in fairouz restaurant and the staff was very bad i'dv been asking for help to clean my table for 58 min and i asked 2 waiters and 3 mangers to clean and nothing happened , really disappointed plus someone of the housekeeping stole our money while we was at the wedding , and our room number was 937 it was by my wife's name And i hade another room by 916 , and i hate it .
And the night shift front office wasn't helpful and lazy to check about what i want . Maybe coz am Egyptian. ! But iam proud to be egyptian , and i think if i was using my american passport it could be more much better , its a bad hotel , and ihave to visit the best staff of the japanese restaurant and the managers of that place and the shisha man ibrahime is very nice and pro shisha guy and the pool bar restaurant is very good . I will visit soon for lunch but it still bad hotel , and thanks Mr moustafa hamdy for helping .
Very bad hotel i don't suggest to any one , bad service

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Adham K,

Thank you for the candid feedback. I am sorry that on this visit the staff's service was a disappointment for you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to InterContinental Citystars Cairo? Share your experiences!