I spent a week at the intercontinental citystars for business meetings. The facility is great for meetings. The staff had everything prepared on time; the room was well set up and away from the main traffic areas. The room always had a supply of food (at least for double the amount of people than we had!). The hotel provided a discounted rate for lunch with the meeting room booking. This was very good value and highly recommended. I found there to be a good variety of foods which changed slightly everyday and the quality was very nice.
I also brought my family here. I think this hotel is great to be away from the chaotic downtown areas (especially since the protests seem to continue). However it can take 1-2 hours to reach the pyramids or a nile cruise so be prepared for the traffic.
The rooms are clean and a good size. I found the beds comfortable and I like the walk outs to the pool (especially nice when you have children). Some of the rooms are equipped with a little kitchen area. There isn't much too it but it's nice to have given that breakfast was not included in our rate. The price for breakfast was ridiculous. I ate it only once and the remaining time I just picked up snacks from the grocery store in the mall that is attached to the building.
There is free wifi, a good selection of television programs in a variety of languages and a very nice pool area. The hotel has a gym and spa on site. On this trip I also found a salon which was also very good and had reasonable prices.
I find the rates for the hotel quite high which is one of the reasons I did not rate it higher. However if you are looking for a place that is a little place unto itself this is the place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Citystars Cairo Hotel
- Intercontinental Citystars Cairo Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Cairo Citystars is part of the Middle East s largest retail and entertainment complex, giving you direct access to 550 stores and an indoor theme park. The hotel is ideally located seven minutes from Cairo International Airport, 10 minutes from Cairo International Conference Centre and 30 minutes from downtown Cairo.Named Cairo s best business hotel by Business Traveller Magazine, it is also close to free time destinations such as the Egyptian Museum, Sakkara and the Giza Pyramids and Sphinx. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Citystars Cairo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.