“Basic at best...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo

Save Saved
You added Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo to your Saves list
Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Ma'ahad Al Sahary St. | Off Uruba Rd, Heliopolis, Cairo 11361, Egypt   |
Ranked #9 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Sydney
“Basic at best...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed in the Baron for the 4th time over the last 12 months. I often get placed there by Egypt air on lay overs. I must say the Baron is basic at best, while the staff are friendly and try hard. Firstly the driver of the hotel bus drives like he is on a race track, this has happened with me in the bus before before, and common in Cairo, but with a buss full of passengers, please.
Baron allows smoking in the restaurant so you have people smoking while you are eating your breakfast and dinner. There is no water in the rooms and when I asked for some last night they charged me 3 euros. The internet in the lobby is good and about the only thing I like in the Baron. The deco in the rooms is 1980s style, but basically everything works. There are some english movie channels. The check in was fast.

Baron is OK for overnight transit, it has the basics, but I would not stay there for any length of time. It is an old hotel in need of some TLC.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations

At Baron Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices

we appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Embu, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was looking at a 17 hour layover in Cairo due to airline scheduling so I was surprized when the Egypt Air staff advised me that they would be putting me in a hotel. I found the staff to be quite friendly. I have seen some reviews that say that the staff are arrogant and rude but I myself found them to be very friendly. I guess sometimes you get as good as you give. My room was nice and though the bed felt a bit hard, it did not stop me from taking a nap. Rooms are air conditioned and the bathrooms were adequate. Enough toilet paper, and guest soap, shampoo, towels and a hair dryer. The breakfast buffet was nice with lots of fresh fruit, pastries and good coffee. Lunch was a set menu (breaded chicken, rice and salad). Mine was a bit dry but that may have been my own fault for waiting so long to go to the dining room. The free Wi-Fi in the reception was great though it would be nice to have it available in all rooms. If the hotel location were close to lots of tourist spots, I may consider staying here again. I would give it a 3 star. I have stayed in better hotels but have also stayed in much worse.
Cheers to the staff.... keep up the good work and keep smiling :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo.

Thank you.
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thank god for staying 8 hours only in this hotel .
Starting with the front office the staff is very arrogant and rude , the lobby is like a circus and no enough seating for the waiting guests. You will immediately sense the lack of management and quality
The coffee shop staff is suffering the same disease of unprofessional behavior
The hotel location is in the most beautiful area in Heliopolis district in Cairo
I recommend for a transit or very short stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this review, August 12, 2013

cairo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We reserve room for our honey moon night in baron cairo hotel through (Noura Wagdy) in sales department .after she confirm to us nice room and good service and early check in the hotel .we found out that all her confirmation &promises was nothing to do with what we have already.We have room in late time than she confirm to us that was because reception has no information at all with our reservation .room was not clean. Room servicewas working in front of us cleaning room with shouting and insulting all people around .at night plumb in bathroom was out of order we sak reception to repair. They send us plumber afer one hour. Thanks God that room was not full of water yet .Finally we request our dinner in room and again they send it missing items we agree on
Hotel have no arrangement about how to deal with honeymooner at all Or at least to respect his guests
Please avoid to deal with this ( Noura Wagdy ) in sales for this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to extend my deep apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay ,I'm concerned with all what you have mentioned and would like to assure you that all mentioned will be subject to a detailed investigation and study, not to have this repeated again to you or any of our esteemed guests in the future. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Thank you.
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel not as clean and good as it used to be. Room and bathroom need a lot of attention. Customers are discriminated against if they make use of discount packages. Some of the staff are very friendly and helpful, but overall the service are not as good as it used to be.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo

We are deeply sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation, Needless to say what occurred does not adhere with our service and standards and we regret that you left the hotel with a negative impression, these occasions are far from our typical daily practices.

We really look forward to seeing you again during your next visit where you will touch a progress in our services.

Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Quite and nice hotel with a very nice and good view for the baron Palace you will be lucky to get a room that looks upon it and you can enjoy the view in the evening . tasty breakfast you get, and nicest food ever , i suggest making regular parties in the palace it will be great :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Our Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
please accept my sincere appreciation for your positive comments about our hotel & services. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to meet your expectations
we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo.

german
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife & I have just returned home after spending 6 nights at the Baron hotel.

On arrival at about 3am we were upgraded to a suite. What a fantastic room and a great start to our holiday. This was our 5th visit to cairo and on our previous visits we had stayed at the other Hotels.

The staff were absolutely first class in the restaurant There was a good choice of food at each meal. Chef made me a special curry & my wife a extra special sweet on our last night.

All in all a wonderful stay at a very good hotel.

Thank You.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Been to Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo? Share your experiences!