“Review for a reason” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Cairo, Egypt
“Review for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I eat in Indira whilst staying at the Holiday Inn in Cairo.
Although alone the staff made me feel very welcome and the food was to good to leave so spent 3 hours there drinking a local Red wine as recommended by the Boss.
This too was excellent after a long day in the city of road rage.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ShereenO, PA to EAM i/c of F&B at Indira Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your delightful experience in "Indira" restaurant as it is always through our guests' feedback that we can measure our performance and improve the shortfalls if any.

We are glad that you had a good experience and were satisfied with our food and staff.

As for our staff, we’ve made a commitment to create a culture based on placing our guests in the heart of everything we do.

Your delightful comments have been shared with all concerned staff in "Indira" as a reinforcement to them to keep their consistency of food and service and to make it the best Indian restaurant in town.

Looking forward for your second vist to Indira restaurant

91% Recommend
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Tries too hard to please.....does it successfully....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in the same hotel and thought of trying this restaurant after reading hotel website that its the best restaurant in Cairo. The restaurant really tried to please me with its complimentary stuff and whatever they offered complimentary was really great!! however if they had just got what I ordered I would have been very dissatisfied client.
I ordered a Dal Makhani which is simplest north indian delicacy however I guess chef got confused which "pulses" to be used to make that or may be he just exhausted his stock of urad dal. However I was pleased to get chicken curry as complimentary dish which I really liked.
After the main course I was served with strawberry with cream which was again complimentary. :)....
Overall a good experience but not satisfied with what I ordered....so it will all depend on what you order and if you are the lucky one to get most of the stuff complimentary :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Perfect !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first time I went to Indira I was amazed by the Chicken Biryani, it was simply delicious :-) I initially thought the bowl was small but in the end I was full ! And I have a very good appetite.

The second time I chose the Lamb Biryani and it was even better !
Meat was like butter and the rice is unique. They also serve you refined sauce with your rice.

Service is great, atmosphere very nice.

You are happy to go to this restaurant, and you are happy when you leave :-)

• Visited March 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about "Indira" restaurant on TripAdvisor. It’s only through our guests' feedback that we can enhance our services and performance.

We’re glad that you had a good experience and were satisfied with both our Chicken & Lamb Biryani.

It is our pleasure to welcoming you again and again.
Manchester
“A taste of India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I ate twice in this restaurant and each time the food was delicious. All the staff were pleasant and friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ShereenO, PA to EAM i/c of F&B at Indira Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Nuala,

Thank you for sharing your nice comment about "Indira" on TripAdvisor. It is always very rewarding when we receive positive comments as such from our honored guests.

"Indira" always prides itself on the highest level of guest satisfaction and we are very glad we were able to achieve our target this time.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon to "Indira" at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

Thanks,
Shereen Omar
PA to EAM i/c of F&B
Cairo, Egypt
“Amaizing !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Indira u still have the good spirit of India " food, atmosphere, passion"
u make me more in love with indian food more and more !

Dear Ni Made K,

Thank you for your delightful feedback about "Indira" and for sharing this on TripAdvisor.

Your valuable comment has been shared with all concerned in "Indira" to inspire them to do more and more to make it a leader in excellence among all other Indian restaurants in Cairo.

Looking forward to welcoming you again again to "Indira" at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

Shereen Omar