“A luxury stay in Four Seasons Nile Plaza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza

You added Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1089 Corniche El Nil, | Maglis El Shaab, Garden City, Cairo 11519, Egypt   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
4.5 of 5 stars 523 Reviews
egypt
“A luxury stay in Four Seasons Nile Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

we had booked a suite facing the Nile on the 26th floor at Four Season Nile Plaza,the view was amazing, the location was great in the center of the city ,spacious suite with extra bed free of charge arrived immediately upon need, comfortable bed , clean and large bathroom,,,,the breakfast was delicious as well the dinner,,,the 2 negative things that i had noticed there were:1. there was no kettle in the suite , we demanded it upon our arrival and i took too much time to get it while in all other hotels u could find it by default,,,,2. the lobby was too small and was too modest so it didn't correspond to the name of Four Seasons,,,although i recommend this hotel for everyone,,,

Room Tip: suites facing the Nile are hilarious
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza following your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of quality and service offered by our hotel.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding in-room 'kettle' and improving our Lobby have been taken into account.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Our last night in Egypt we wanted something special and booked a suite overlooking the Nile. This was our special treat for our holiday. We arrived late. Admittedly missed the car we had organised, after all the country is in a little turmoil. How disappointing was the hotel. Very tired. The reception staff had no idea and really were more interested in our missing the car then greeting us and asking how we were. Just not interested. No one to show us or explain the hotel to us. Them got to the room and had to pay for the wifi! How cheap is that in this day and age. Couldn't find the ATM despite signs - only wires out of the wall and when I rang was told it was now on a different floor! On top of all that got back late from the sound and light at the pyramids to find the toilet didn't work - just too tired to deal with it. Couldn't get anyone to acknowledge us when we wanted a coffee in the lobby coffee shop and then at breakfast had the same story of poor customer service. When we checked out next morning our driver was hassled by hotel staff while my husband was dealing with the manager who gave us a partial refund. Then when we got back home was emailed a customer survey which I dealt with honestly and now have had 2 calls at 3 am Christmas morning and Boxing Day morning leaving messages but no phone number saying they want to talk about my concerns. More than happy to but check my time zone and it is Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations; it is through your constructive input that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and service.

I have reviewed your comments in details with staff and management. We sincerely regret the occurrence and are committed to ensure something like this doesn't happen again. Thank you for your feedback, which helps us get better.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaze pre and post Nile Cruise in mid-December. The service was impeccable from the front desk to the bellmen to the restaurants. We had a room on the 19th and 20th floors overlooking the Nile...beautiful view! The room was nice, the bed comfortable, and as others have mentioned the water pressure in the shower was intense! The breakfast was fabulous if a little pricey, but I never eat enough in all-you-can-eat buffets to make it worthwhile. We had dinner in the same restaurant and enjoyed the Egyptian cuisine, too. The Bar was extremely comfortable and inviting, and we enjoyed drinks and appetizers there several times. On our last evening, the waiter remembered our preferred drink--an organic Egyptian rose wine. He also offered to get us something a little more substantial than the small plates on the menu, which was greatly appreciated after traveling all day and being too tired to stay up late for dinner. The view from The Bar is fabulous, too. The small shopping center attached is just that--small. Mostly designer shops and not really what a tourist like me would be looking for :) We were told that the hotel is the newest in Cairo, and it looks it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind words and feedback. It was a wonderful way to start the year. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team.

We would be thrilled to have you back and thank you for choosing Nile Plaza!
stamford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

What a disappointment! I had organised a room overlooking the Nile for two nights following my return from a Nile cruise. The view from the 17th floor was excellent but the hotel itself was somewhat disappointing and decidedly scruffy.
I had arrived with some friends and while they were taken immediately to their room I was left standing for some ten minutes at Reception by the girl who decided that another guest, an Egyptian was more important! No flowers, no fruit and no letter in my room welcoming me to the Hotel. This was put right when I complained and I had lunch in a sort of coffee shop in their shopping centre where the seats were filthy and worn out but the food was satisfactory. Breakfast on the other hand was excellent in the main restaurant and good service.
On the other hand I had an excellent experience with the Concierge who was first class pointing us in the direction of a classic local restaurant with everybody smoking hookah pipes.
My final drama occurred at midnight when the lavatory flooded - woops! This was obviously a normal problem as a man appeared within a few minutes and fixed it. Wonderful shower pressure!
Amazing some of the reports about the hotel I read on trip Advisor...
Not up to scratch I am afraid compared to other hotels in the Four Seasons group!

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with a Nile view and as high as possible!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza following your recent stay with us.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations; it is through your positive and constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and facilities.

I am sorry to learn that our Reception team was not up to your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments about the delay of your room amenities and the 'lavatory flooding' incident have been taken seriously in order to correct the mentioned shortcomings.

On the other hand, it was a pleasure to read your appreciative words about the breakfast buffet at Zitouni restaurant.

We truly appreciate your understanding and for taking the time to share your concerns with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Egypt with a marvelous view of the Nile. I tried two of the restaurants there and I got the perfect dining experience.

The hotel is in a strategic location, minutes away from downtown and Zamalek district where all the night life entertainment takes place.

If this is your first time in Cairo, I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for the great review and recommendation for our Hotel Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us and truly delighted with your description 'Best you can get in Cairo'!
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

After returning to Cairo after our Nile cruise, we spent our last night in Egypt at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. Our standard room was luxurious! The shower was amazing--didn't need to duck!

Had a wonderful happy hour at the Library Bar. The manager pulled a table up to the windows for us, and we had beautiful view of nightfall on the Nile. Great martinis, tasty nibbles, and attentive service. Later joined our group for dinner by the pool. Again had great service.

Stayed at both Four Seasons in Cairo during our journey. This one is newer and more elegant. The Four Seasons at First Residence had larger rooms and the mall attached. Can't say I had a preference, both had great service and the First Residence restaurants (tried the Thai and the Lebanese) were also good. The service was what stood out with both properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza! It's great to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and you were impressed by our accommodation as well as the level of service. I will also make sure to pass your thoughtful comments to our sister property Cairo at The First Residence. We hope you will visit us soon!
mexico city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I usually write somewhat long evaluations, but not this time. We have traveled around the world and stayed at many famous hotels. The Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza is as close to perfection as humanly possible.
Do not miss the chinese restaurant!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the impressive feedback and the super recommendation for Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your appreciative title 'Close to Perfection' concluded your visit at our Hotel. We are also pleased to learn that your dining experience at the newly opened '8' restaurant was a great one.

Please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza? Share your experiences!